Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How reliable are credit reports
  • littlei
    Free Member

In short got my credit report from well known company and found it to be scored excellent and appears to have been in vg shape score-wise for a while as far as I can tell. Had a few credit accounts over the years and paid off all but one (owe a few hundred on that one). Had a couple of missed payments a few years ago but appear to be off my record now (deleted after six years I believe). I’m registered on electoral role and not linked to anybody with ‘bad’ credit, no ccjs and so on – but can’t get a new credit card… Tried ones other than the 0% good deals and still nada. What am I missing?

jekkyl

that score is pointless as wherever you apply for credit will have their own credit scoring system but it’s good indicator and is useful as it tells you your credit history is okay.

trail_rat
    Free Member

if you have applied for and been refused for 0%s it can make it harder to get any credit cards for a coupleof months.

having a few refusals on your record is almost as bad as having poor payment history for some reason.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Also there are different reports. My missus has an excellent score on credit expert but a poor score on equifax, meaning we couldn’t get a computer

littlei
    Free Member

Thanks folks. The past refusals were a few months ago. I didn’t know different sources can show different scores so that’s useful to know.

thegreatape
    Free Member

As above, their own scores are not that useful, but it is worth checking from time to time that the info on them is correct, although the £2 statutory report is just as good for that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How reliable are credit reports’ is closed to new replies.