Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • How proud can you get??
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Took my daughter out for a ride round Leckhampton Hill today – just the top bit – parked at the highest car park then gradually made my way round which was sloping down most of the way.

She loved it!!! Only the 3rd time on a bike with pedals and first time “Off road” and she was a trooper!

We went down the steepest section (about 100m long) with me holding on to her but she was going so fast I could barely hold on – she was grinning massively – when we got to the bottom she was like “Again again!!!”

Took her back up to the top and did it again (after looking for treasure) and just as big a grin at the bottom.

We had to walk up a short steep road to get back to the car with me carrying the bike. Got back to the car and she was keen to do some more. So went to the old fort and let her try some gentle slopes. Did a few including this one…

But she just wanted to do the big ones (see in the background of the above photo on far right) without me holding which I have to say scared the life out of me. We eventually got her doing it with me holding on to her coat lightly and she was loving it and was awesome too…

She’s had a great day and exceeded my expectations for her – so she’s getting some ice cream for pudding tonight!!!

Some more photos HERE!

matt_outandabout

whooooop! kids on bikes – fab…..

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Awesome!

Nice to see a budding anodising appreciator too 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

You know what;

You can come on here, and there’s all sorts of silliness going on, and doom and gloom and that, people arguing, and you think ‘why do I bother with it?’.

And then you see a thread like this.

Beautiful.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Great stuff, got my little girl out this weekend for the first time on the back of the bike, she’s only ickle…

Picures of Lecky bring back memories, used to ride there and Cleeve Common all the time…

Oh and don’t get me staeted on how much i miss the Forest of Dean on a Sunday!

aracer
    Free Member

How old? Just wondering how long I’ve got to wait for that.

igm

Excellent. My little one is campaigning for a bike with pedals at the moment – but I think we’ll keep him on the Rothan for another 6 months.

By the way – Has she got an opinion on whether Pikes or Floats are better. That’s how you spot a real Singletracker (opinion doesn’t count if she’s actually riden either of them)

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Aracer – She’s 4 and a half. I thought I’d be the one pushing her to do stuff she didn’t want to but it was me holding her back!!!

She’s had a Scooter bike for about 2 years.

Andy – Doing Cleeve myself tomorrow!

househusband

Excellent! Anything that keeps young girls away from horses/ponies is, in my books, A Very Good Thing! (Wife has two of the infernal creatures.)

Bushwacked
    Free Member

She likes the Fox on the Floats – its cute!

igm

Choosing your fork based on the decals!

Welcome to Singletrack World

sodafarls
    Free Member

Topics like this should be banned, my missus reads them and gets all broody. 🙁

techsmechs
    Free Member

Andy – Don’t start getting all teary for the FoD – And Cleeve with Coop was always like having your legs torn off and handed back to you. Especially the road race up Gambles in the big ring….

Tracey

Well done, It does get expensive as they get older but well worth it

Tracey

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Very good stay that end,hope she never fell of near the car park end because the dog poo in that bit of the quarry is crazy.The people that are to lazy to pick it up there is in credible as there is a bin in the car park.I am saying this as someone who walks there dog there.Yes i do pick it up hate it on the inside of the forks or front mech.Enjoy she will soon be flying past you doing wheelies and double jumps.

stoney
    Free Member

Here are my boys last summer tackling a coulpe of steps on the old staion platform. They too had big grins!!!!

No 1 son…..

No 2 son…..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Stoney; you are obviously a fantastic parent, for dressing your kids in such high quality clothing. I have no doubt your kids are getting the best possible start in life!

Points toward a highly intelligent father, for sure.

YNWA!

stoney
    Free Member

Cheers Rudeboy!!!!

That ll be cause my wife is from near Liverpool! She has just told me that our No 4 child was just starting to pick her feet up on the walker bike. I`ll try and get a pic of that, she is only just 2.

AndyNot@CRC
    Free Member

Techsmecs you’re so right, why did we do Gambles in the big ring anyway??

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘How proud can you get??’ is closed to new replies.