• This topic has 37 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • How old do you think you are??
  • DrP

I know how old I am (not massively old, but not a teen ;-)), yet, despite having a responsible job and a child, I still feel, and sometime act, about 9……
    I’ll climb trees – I’m happier in shorts and trainers – I like riding my bike in the street outside the front of my house!!
    To top it off, a lifetime of ‘looking after myself (not smoking or drinking to excess)’ and a good skin care routine mean I probably look about 5-10 years younger than I am!

All in all – I really don’t feel like a grown up, and that generally I feel like I’m ‘getting away with something’ I shouldn’t be!

Anyone else feel like this ever?!
    Not that it’s a bad thing – just wondering if I should grown up a bit…..

DrP

(disclaimer – In other way’s I’m actually quite grown up – I’m aware of the importance of financial planning, I have a stable job, and although we both find fart and poop jokes hilarious, I’m raising a pretty neat little lad too….)

wombat

Are you me?

You sound a lot like me… 8)

binners

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

good skin care routine

yup, that’s how 9 year olds act

DezB
    Free Member

I was just asked that very same question when I told a colleague I was snowboarding last week!

woody2000

I think I’m about 22, mirror says otherwise though 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

yeah, early twenties

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

What woody says 🙁

As a lad, I was always described as ‘mature’ at school; now, I feel like some sort of slow developer.

Unfortunately, apart from the biking, I didn’t especially look after myself, so I think I look a bit weathered.

Piss-poor financial planning, too, so no early retirement for me. I’ll be back on the bins at 70 to pay the rent, I expect.

thepurist

Somewhere 70-80 right now. 🙁

bluebird
    Free Member

I’ve had that getting away with it feeling ever since I jacked in work when I was 28 to go travelling. I’m 42 now, I feel like I’m 25, but I certainly don’t look 25.

soma_rich
    Free Member

a good skin care routine

sniggers

beinbhan

Mentally about 25 pity the body (54) doesn’t agree 30 years of playing rugby the knees are ****

Stoner
    Free Member

About the same age as my father as Im getting as grumpy and as boring as him. 😉

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Im not old enough to know better but I should but I dont ergo I am what I am..

Harry_the_Spider

Actual age = 43

Adjusted age = Somewhere between 9 and 30 depending on the proximity of trees, bikes, steam trains, Scalextric and beer.

Left knee age = 70

MrSparkle

Actual = 49
    Look = 55 +
    Mentally = 17 forever, baby.

belugabob
    Free Member

To paraphrase the classic Dime Bar Advert starring Harry Enfield.

“49 on the outside, 12 and a half on the inside”

The day you grow up is the day you grow old!

chives
    Free Member

43, but I always (mentally) deduct 20 for ‘ahem’ good behaviour..!!
    It’s only a number anyway, and 100 years from now none of this will matter. 😉

ton

47 yr old grandad here……feel like a 20 yr old when going downhill, feel like a 100 yr old when trying to ride up.

GW
    Free Member

What a bunch of delusional old fools.

I act my age, Doing what makes me happy without worrying about what others think doesn’t make me any younger.

MSP

Youth is wasted on the young.

I have found the older I get the more free I am to peruse activities that make me happy.

binners

*Throws custard pie at GW, pulls a face and runs off*

mrlebowski
    Free Member

What a bunch of delusional old fools.

I act my age, Doing what makes me happy without worrying about what others think doesn’t make me any younger.

Who let Victor Meldrew in?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Early twenties, some say I’m a poncing prince, some say I dance and sing like Tommy Steel (sans accent) I’m fit and healthy and damn sexy. I do however have a couple of grey streaks in my hair, but overall MrsBouy has commented on a number of occasions… “You look like you’re in your early twenties Y’know”…

Awe I luv her.

Heres a pic of me at my best: (no seriously I do look like him)

footflaps

My hair thinks its about 60 (completely grey) but the rest of me feels more like mid 30s…..

higthepig
    Free Member

Late 40s, still can’t stand on cracks on pavement, still like running sticks down railings, would have spokey dokes for my bike but can’t find any.

GW
    Free Member

*ducks (ninja skillz), laughs at biners lame attempt and manuals off on my BMX to collect the kids from school* 😉

DrP

would have spokey dokes for my bike but can’t find any.

Sounds like a trip to Lidl’s on the cards…

DrP

GW
    Free Member

Kids of your own ranging in age from 2 to 21 helps keep any dilusion of being anything other than your actual age at bay 😉

ART

I have spokey dokes … you’re not having them … 😉

emsz
    Free Member

I actually can’t wait till I’m a bit older.

sad really.

higthepig
    Free Member

DrP, thank you for that, a shopping trip is now on the cards.

ART, big raspberry and face pull at you for being mean

Sandwich

I’m 21 with 28 years experience of same.

Mrs Sandwich reckons I’m 15 inside!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Gunz
    Free Member

I agree with GW, I’m 40 and act 40 which shouldn’t/doesn’t preclude doing all the things Dr P outlines.
    Wouldn’t want to be 18 again, I was a k##b then.

flip
    Free Member

I’m 43 today..

If i knew then what i know ..

DezB
    Free Member

Doing what makes me happy

Yeah, you always come across as so effin happy.

Gunz
    Free Member

Happy Birthday Flip.

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘How old do you think you are??’ is closed to new replies.