Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • How old are your icecubes?
  • s
    Free Member

& do they go off after a while in your freezer?

[from dull chat in the office here today] 😯

meehaja
    Free Member

I buy ice from a shop. People always mock me but…

Ice from an ice cube tray freezes slowly, is full of air bubbles, is softer, melts quicker and tastes a bit funny to me (though good for making slush)

Ice from a shop is frozen in Layers (as in a film of water is frozen, then the next and the next and the next (like a pub ice machine). this creates, harder, clearer ice, which lasts longer, tastes better and is generally superior to home ice in every way.

Mine is about a year old, I don’t think it goes off.

but now you know I’m an ice geek.

donsimon
    Free Member

😯

philconsequence
    Free Member

8)

meehaja:

yamyamblade
    Free Member

you lot listening to Steve Wright as well then!! and yes like everything that is in the freezer will go off eventually

Jamie
    Free Member

Time to switch jobs/offices if this is the level of conversation.

beej

Jennifer is four, and Jake is 18 months.

I like to give them names.

s
    Free Member

Jamie – Member

Time to switch jobs/offices if this is the level of conversation.

your telling me!

lol

StuMcGroo
    Free Member

s – How old are your icecubes?

how old are my icecubes?, HOW ******* OLD ARE MY ******* ICECUBES?….i don’t think i can stomach any more inane threads, i gotta find a new forum 🙁

s
    Free Member

Stu McGroo – Member

s – How old are your icecubes?

how old are my icecubes, HOW ******* OLD ARE MY ******* ICECUBES….i don’t think i can stomach any more inane threads, i gotta find a new forum

Stu – dont worry I am sure I will be back with more usless verbal diarrhea 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

I make mine from Evian and use them within a week.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Which tyres for a new forum??

Milkie
    Free Member

Which tyres for a new forum??

One’s that don’t delete all the old posts?

Anyone use an ice machine? Friend is thinking of buying one.

j_me
    Free Member

Yes they go off. The British Antarctic Survey have a terrible problem with this when drilling ice cores. Anything over 20 000 years old is well past it’s sell by date and really should only be used for Slush Puppies.

meehaja
    Free Member

Awesome ink! My wife had a dream that I had an oil barrel and a map tattood on my leg, i was thinking of drawing it on in permanent pen to “surprise” her, but Mr cool ice is now my idol!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as Hot Ice?

maccruiskeen

i was thinking of drawing it on in permanent pen to “surprise” her,

A friend did that – the surprise though was quite a nasty reaction to the marker pen and the word ‘Marmite’ written on his belly in blisters and scabs.

Tiger6791

Alright, stop! colaborate and listen…..

grahamh
    Free Member

So what do you think about drinking bottled glacier water??

william
    Free Member

I find my ice lasts ages when it is in the freezer, it ‘goes off’ pretty rapidly when I take it out though.

maccruiskeen

I find my ice lasts ages when it is in the freezer, it ‘goes off’ pretty rapidly when I take it out though.

But like an old Skyway Tuff wheel you can rejuvenate it by putting it back in the freezer

maccruiskeen

Interestingly (perhaps), is it not the case that outside of secondary school chemistry experiments with hydrogen – there is little or no ‘new’ water being created in nature. So the water in your ice cubes is literally as old as the hills, older than life even.

william
    Free Member

What about during combustion, water is made all the time when you burn things.

spooky_b329

So I missed this radio discussion…not too worried about my ice cubes, but what about the fresh pasta sauce we froze 9 months ago, label says to use within one month of freezing?! Gf seems to think the freezer is magic and it will be fine, I think fresh cream type ingredients demand a bit more respect?!

nbt

maccruiskeen – Member

But like an old Skyway Tuff wheel you can rejuvenate it by putting it back in the freezer

You;’re thinking of Z-rims, not skyway tuffs, and they always failed to point out that although the freezer would help with bent rims you’d still need to replace all the spokes….

Yes, that’s my coat with the furry hood

coffeeking
    Free Member

Cubes in the freezer sublime. Quite frankly I cant sense a difference between cubes other than shape. And I dont chew them so who cares if theyre softer/bubbly etc.

spooky – freezers are magic IMO too, never yet been ill from anything defrosted. Always time I suppose!

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘How old are your icecubes?’ is closed to new replies.