Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How often do you change your bar tape?
  • Xylene
    Free Member

I had Fizik tape fitted about 12 months ago, which is now look exceptionally tatty.

How often should tape be changed? Or is Fizik just not very hard wearing, but very comfortable, and it was in red.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Deda tape on my main road bike is over 5 years old.

Only seem to change tape when I do a full rebuild.

Daffy

I change mine every 12 months along with pads, cables and, if required, chain.

It’s only a few ££.

cp

I have fizik tape on a couple of bikes… It’s comfy but very very short lived.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Depends on the tape.
    Spongy foam stuff is prone to getting small chunks ripped out and cant be cleaned, so needs replacing quite regularly.
    On the other hand i’ve got some unpadded fake leather stuff on one bike and all it takes to make it like new is a paper towel and some fairy liquid – its 6yrs old now.

zilog6128

I have Fizik microtex on my commuter which I ride most days; been on there 2 years & still looks brand new. Only changed from the previous tape to match the colour of my new saddle 🙂 what the hell do you guys do to yours to wear it out?!

nickc

same as daffy, I do mine when I change cables every year

Klunk
    Free Member

the white canyon tape has been on 2 years now, looks dreadful but is actually not too bad shape wear wise.

simondbarnes

Probably every 2 or 3 years. If I need to change cables sooner than that then Lizard Skins tape re-wraps quite nicely. Oh and use black only these days, lasts loads longer.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How often do you change your bar tape?’ is closed to new replies.