Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • How not to take down a wall. Darwin award contender!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Man Attempts To Knock Down Wall From The Bottom U…: [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX09RDyUgUQ[/video]
    😯

Cougar

Impressive. You can fast-forward to about 1:25 of that 1:45 video, mind.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Yup! Whilst your here cougar why did the usual vid link not come up? Cant get used to this android device!

jambourgie
    Free Member

I dunno, the build-up is what makes it 🙂

seosamh77
    Free Member

haha, I learned that lesson once! 😆

Duggan

Really quite admirable in a way

Cougar

Whilst your here cougar why did the usual vid link not come up? Cant get used to this android device!

a) you need to use the full Youtube URL not youtu.be, and b) you put the tag before the text instead of the URL. Fixed now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Never had a problem with iPhone. Cheers.

wrightyson
    Free Member

As more and more weight loads up on that one block it gets so hard to break!

aracer
    Free Member

Beginners mistake. Filming in portrait.

mintimperial

I have to say I’m quite impressed the whole thing stayed up as long as it did.

fatyowls
    Free Member

Oh dear, you could see where it was going from the start….

CountZero

As mintimperial says, really impressive how little remained before it collapsed. The sense of anticipation was what made it, though.

globalti
    Free Member

Why is the internet full of crap videos filmed in portrait? There really are some idiots around.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Should have done it from the other side 🙄

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just shows that lintels and RSJ are just health and safety gone mad.

I tried something similar removing a wall between an integral garage and a kitchen. There was an air gap above the wall and the wall was made from fire blocks laid on their side (like breeze blocks on steriods).

I knocked two complete rows out of the bottom of the wall and it just hung there held in place by the side wall tie in.

I used an angle grinder to cut the blocks away from the wall and it still didn’t fall as it was just wedged in place between the side walls.

I then had to bow the middle out of the wall so it would collapse into the garage. I was quite nervous and it probably looked a bit like the guy in that film but I couldn’t think of another way to do it.There was a section of concrete wall just wedged into a gap but not supported by anything. IT is extremely hard to break concrete blocks that are laid on their side btw

andyfla
    Free Member

Well, the wall came down at the end, all seems OK

mogrim

Why is the internet full of crap videos filmed in portrait? There really are some idiots around.

Cos they’re fine when you watch them on a mobile phone or tab in portrait? Get with it grandad, using a laptop is soooo old fashioned.

You’re not wrong about the crap bit, though 🙂

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Why is the internet full of crap videos filmed in portrait?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt9zSfinwFA&list=FLDvuJ8FNiH2DwBxExVatdWA&index=55[/video]

conkerman
    Free Member

Idiot 0 : Gravity 1

Beautiful.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘How not to take down a wall. Darwin award contender!’ is closed to new replies.