Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How musical are you?
  • grum
    Free Member

Takes a little while and you need a BBC ID but quite interesting for me. I think my enthusiasm for music used to be a lot higher before I started doing it for a living. 🙂

https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/labuk/experiments/musicality/

DezB
    Free Member

Is there a link in there somewhere?

grum
    Free Member

Yes of course, are you blind? 😉

rewski
    Free Member

Takes just 25 minutes

for that reason alone I’m out.

andyl
    Free Member

OH says I am very musical when asleep after eating certain foods 😀

wordnumb
    Free Member

Q: How musical are you?

A: Well my knee clicks, my teeth chatter and there’s a wheezing sound on long climbs. Fanfares of flatulence are infrequent but stirring.

DezB
    Free Member

Took a while, but an interesting thing to do.
    Found the melody thing at the end hard – especially with people talking to me!

generally music doesn’t have the power to completely change your emotional state.
    Don’t think that’s true

Based on your results, the BBC thinks you might like:
    Jazz Record Requests

Yay! (er, no. Can’t stand jazz)

grum
    Free Member

Looks like you should be doing my job! My ’emotional connection’ score was lower than I thought it should be btw.

I got all of them on the melody thing but didn’t do quite so well on identifying the genres from the little snippets.

You really hate all jazz?

schrickvr6
    Free Member

What do you do Grum?

grum
    Free Member

schrickvr6 – you win! I work for a music education charity, running workshops with young people (amongst many other things).

grievoustim
    Free Member

I scored high on everything 🙂

still suprised how many I got wrong – I found the musical “genre” bit a bit odd, none of it sounded like rap to me, and the pop bits sounded like cod reggae

DezB
    Free Member

You really hate all jazz?

Pretty much. The only genre where I’ve never found anything to interest me. Unless you count swing as jazz.

Funnily enough I got 3 wrong in the melody recognition – but they were the ones where I was concentrating, before someone started talking to me!
    I mixed my hip-hop and pop a bit, but got most of the genre recognition.

scuzz
    Free Member

(Possible spoilers) Mixed up “Pop” and “Hip Hop” – I got more of an electro / pop vibe, but hey. Also persuaded myself that some of the melodies were variations, not just modulations.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How musical are you?’ is closed to new replies.