Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How muddy are the Chilterns at the moment ?
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Ive been happily riding my legs off round Woburn for the past 2 mths and am now missing my usual routes in the Chilterns.

Anyone have any updates on the trails there ? Are they still a muddy mess or rideable without it being a slog.

I dont mind the odd patch or puddles, its the ankle deep stuff that goes on for ages that I want to avoid. I know it well enough to know the bits that always remain rideable, but joining these together without roads/muddy bits is an issue for me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was out last weekend and they were dry as a bone. Might just have been frozen though as we’d had a few days continuously below zero.

Swinley was pretty dry this weekend and trails were in good nick even after the race (if anything they’d improved by being flattened a little form the ruttedness) and the contditions are usualy comparable.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sometimes a little flattening works wonders – till the horeses come out and make a mess 🙂

Green

I was out around Wendover yesterday and the majority of the tracks we rode were dry and fast with the odd muddy spot, I suspect Aston hill side would still be pretty damp though.

indiajazz
    Free Member

i was out friday around Wendover too,some of it was a pain in the arse and pretty unridable and knackering, but other bits were fine!

Trimix
    Free Member

Mmm, I may venture out round Goring on Thursday night.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How muddy are the Chilterns at the moment ?’ is closed to new replies.