Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How much would you pay for this?
  • PlopNofear
    Free Member

I have a GT Avalanche 3.0 Disc 2009 18" which has seen at least 800+ miles cross country and a bit on road. I paid £300 for it. It has a few scratches shown below. I have recently replaced the tyres (they've seen 3-4 rides) and the disc pads about 6 months ago. The forks are quite temperamental and basically have lost most of the rebound in the coil spring (What you get from cheap Suntour forks). How much is it worth?

Heres the spec – ….

Frame:
    GT Triple Triangle design 6061 aluminium with hydro formed downtube and zero stack headtube. Disc compatible with removable hanger.
    Fork:
    SR Sumtour XCM one piece aluminium lowers with disc mount and preload adjust, 100mm travelad adjust, 100mm travel
    Front Derailleur:
    Shimano M – 330
    Rear Derailleur:
    Shimano Alivio
    Shifters:
    Shimano rapidfire shifters
    Chainset:
    Suntour XCT – 308
    Chainrings:
    42/32/22
    Bottom Bracket:
    Cartridge Sealed
    Cassette:
    Shimano Eight Speed 11-32 ratio
    Chain:
    IG-31
    Pedals:
    High Impact nylon platform
    Front Brake:
    Tektro Linear Pull
    Rear Brake:
    Tektro Linear Pull
    Brake Levers:
    Alloy with reach adjust
    Handlebars:
    Alum 31.8mm with 20mm rise, 6 degree bend and anatomically sized
    Stem:
    GT ATB 31.8mm bar bore threadless 15 degree rise with four bolt alum face plate
    Headset:
    Tange Seiki system for 1 1/8"
    Grips:
    GT Dual Density ATB
    Rims:
    Alex ASD-1
    Front Hub:
    Alloy QR
    Rear Hub:
    Alloy 8 speed cassette with QR
    Spokes:
    Stainless Steel Gauge 14
    Front Tyre:
    Kenda Nevegal 26 x 2.1
    Rear Tyre:
    Kenda Nevegal 26 x 2.1
    Saddle:
    WTB Speed V
    Seatpost:
    Alloy Micro adjust
    Seat Binder:
    GT Forged Alum QR

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=418739&id=635830710&l=a45c5eacc8

Use that link to see the pictures of the bike.

Thanks.

wwaswas

you might get £60 – £70 in the local free-ads.

Jammy111
    Free Member

150-200 quid

PlopNofear
    Free Member

care to give a more specific price. jammy says 150 – 200, wwaswas says 60 – 70.

tinsy
    Free Member

Always someone on the lookout for a bike like that, bang it in the classifieds for what you would like for it and prepare to haggle, its a nice popular size and a nice looking bike.

£200 would get some interest I would think, but I am no expert, except I know it would cost a lot more to build up.

wwaswas

sorry, I was probably a bit harsh – the damage looked worse on first inspection. I'd say half what you paid for it really.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Guidelines are:

s/h but brand new & current = 30% off RRP

s/h, bit of use & not too old = 50% off-ish

No idea what kind of market there is for that sort of bike on here, try it and see.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

As im quite young i got that bike when i was naive and knew nothing about bikes, thinking wow its really good. Turned out i was wrong :'(

freeganbikefascist
    Free Member

I'd say 50% of what you paid for it.

it's not a bad bike though, fork is questionable but aside from that I'd say it's a pretty solid entry level MTB. Probably a bit on the heavy side but then you can spend '000s shaving grams, which is best left till you have a decent disposable income, frankly.

If you've had it a full year and feel the need to invest more (ie you're enjoying the sport and want to move up) then fine, otherwise I would keep riding it. it's not a bad bike.

PlopNofear
    Free Member

thanks for the comments guys. Really appreciate it.

mafiafish
    Free Member

£150, Stick some nicer forks on it, then replace the frame and then bits as they wear out.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How much would you pay for this?’ is closed to new replies.