Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • How much would a new STW design enhance our lives?
  • Harry_the_Spider

Get a P.
    Leave the rest alone.

rickmeister

Something like this is I good template to aspire to.

http://www.lingscars.com

Sfw

eltonerino
    Free Member

Responsive design is good, it just means that content and layout scale to the device.

Dynamic websites that load a load of crap, break navigation and jump about suck.

Shackleton

Please keep the flat format and don’t introduce whizzy crap. Too many website seem to put glitter before usability and content. The only things I’d like to change are:

1. How the site works on mobile devices. Manually zooming all the time to click links or get the threads to fill the width of the screen gets old really fast, as does readjusting the text entry box.

2. When randomly logging people out it would at least be polite if the log in box appeared first rather than having to wait for all of the ads that I specifically pay to avoid appearing before I can log in.

3. The ability to set my desired font size on mobile and desktop. Quite often mobile sites use bizarrely large fonts. Maybe I can change this in my browser but I have no idea how.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Shit, I’m out of popcorn.

Twiglets?

TomB

1 thing I like from UKClimbing forum is that posts I have already read are covered up/minimised when I go back to that thread. Makes navigating long threads a bit easier.

TheSanityAssassin

What Shackleton said.

scotroutes

Fix the Search function. Seriously. It would help prevent duplicate posts and just make finding things so much easier. You can’t even search by user as there’s a selection from a barely-populated drop-down box.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Fix the Search function. Seriously. It would help prevent duplicate posts and just make finding things so much easier. You can’t even search by user as there’s a selection from a barely-populated drop-down box.

I think at this point it’s easier to start with a new platform with functioning search, than to delve into the bird’s nest that would be the code on STW’s search function.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘How much would a new STW design enhance our lives?’ is closed to new replies.