Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 168 total)
  • How much weight can I lose in 3 weeks?
  • Solo
    Free Member

the glorious chicken of life, as it soars, untamed and beautiful towards the golden wonder sun where it gets roasted alive, plummets to earth and is then hastily consumed. Yum.

Problem is consistency. Cos I work all over the place, as soon as I get on a good run it all changes. Plus the usual kids/work/housework etc pressures, which are made a bit worse by being away.
    Sooo, you’re really hoping to discover a method which provides unlimited and indiscriminate fat loss. But doesn’t require consistency.

Of course, you being a member, by birth, of the elite group of gifted athletes of this world. You will possess comprehensive knowledge of the focus, determination and sacrifice. Such athletes still have to find, so as to achieve their goals.

This thread has the word “how” in the title. I’m not sure that anyone but you can provide the acceptable answer. Infact, you already have. Consistency !
    😉

edvig
    Free Member

RULES OF THUMB AND BUM: Learn to control insulin spikes. causing an insulin spike inhibits fat metabolism for a couple of hours. Avoid sugars and trans-fats.
    Dont eat fat and carbs together. Eat good fats. Coconut oil for frying eggs and in coffee mmmm . Body will not be tricked into hording fat, and we need it far more than diet industry would have us know. Bite bullet and get protein shakes for lunch and immediatly either side of training. They feel like you ate carbs. I’m a massive foody but protein shakes good cheap tool (compared to steak or chicken breast).

build muscle. You’ll be heavy but still climb and sprint if you do, and sets the stage for displacing fat long term.

For me: 13 Kg 5 weeks (with lapses) and still going.

Solo
    Free Member

Hhmmm. Just as I had thought. It’s, it’s…. yes, the ever so slight, yet unmistakable whiff of Ban-Hammer and not necessarily on this page.

ah, memories.
    😀

molgrips
    Free Member

mleh excuses

I admitted to not having willpower, how’s that an excuse?

Of course, you being a member, by birth, of the elite group of gifted athletes of this world.

Now so far this thread has been a bit of a laugh, but that’s nudging me towards annoyed. So let’s clear something up. I’ve NEVER claimed to be any kind of gifted elite athlete. What I do claim to be is a sprinter. Not any kind of great or brilliant sprinter, just a sprinter. This means that I tend towards type 2 muscle fibres, that’s all. Lots of other people have the same tendency, and lots of people tend towards type 1. Pretty straightforward.

bearnecessities

but that’s nudging me towards annoyed

The most British comment of the year 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

You’re doing this on purpose, you naughty man.

soobalias
    Free Member

ah, well if totally unsubstantiated claims is the order of the day

i dont think you are a sprinter, blessed with fast twitch muscles, i think you have very little endurance and therefore conclude you must be a sprinter.

i thought it was only modern yoof who think that by admitting a failing it ceases to be cause/reason/excuse.

care to share your diet/exercise regime since the thread started, or have you just sat there stewing all day?

quitting now before it becomes bullying.

piemonster

😆 at Jamie

piemonster

Not even close to a big poo!

Not even a 1/2 pounder. Anything less than 226.8gm is merely pebbledash.

nickc

back up there you suggested it was a lack of consistency…you work all over the place and when you get on a good run, it all changes. You didn’t mention lack of will power..

so, that’s;

1. lack of consistency in your week by week working pattern which means presumably you can’t train how you’d like to…so you need a training plan that you can do ad hoc. that’s pretty simple to work out really, it might not be ideal, but it’ll be better than nothing.

2. lack of willpower, which is less straightforward, but in all the things I’ve ever wanted to change about myself (smoking, weight loss) it comes down to which do I want more… the cake and fags or the ability to middle ring a climb. Once you make that decision (properly) ever new day towards that goal is a win rather than a struggle to some unachievable never point. Don’t take this the wrong way, but setting yourself unobtainable goals if a form of excusing yourself. ask yourself if that’s what you seem to be doing to yourself.

I’m oot now as well, this will only end one way.

imnotverygood

I’ve a certain amount of sympathy, cos I am (was) a sprinter of sorts, playing on the wing at rugby and doing about an 11& 1/2 second-ish 100m. Now that I’m past 50 I’m no longer a sprinter. The fact remains that I can lose weight by eating less, and if I’m not disciplined about what I eat I put on weight. It comes down to willpower. Simples

IanMunro
    Free Member

i dont think you are a sprinter, blessed with fast twitch muscles, i think you have very little endurance and therefore conclude you must be a sprinter.

Next you’ll be suggesting that STW isn’t blessed with an excess of natural enduro riders.

molgrips
    Free Member

What on earth makes you think that? Surely the fastest kid in the school would be considered a sprinter?

mogrim

What on earth makes you think that? Surely the fastest kid in the school would be considered a sprinter?

Bet there was cake on offer at the finish line 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I started this thread for a bit of a laugh, and a bit of visibility to help keep me on target. I’ve really no idea why people are so keen to judge people they don’t know and have never even seen let alone ridden with.

People must get some kind of smug high from denigrating others, so they come up with the worst interpretation of what’s written, and think they are all superior because they’re so clever and have understood the real meaning of people’s posts.

It’s really unpleasant, just to let you know. If you’re happy being unpleasant, then fine, please don’t post on my threads!

bearnecessities

Just have another bit of cake fatty.

I suspect it’s just mostly ribbing (it’s good for morale you know) rather than being intentionally unpleasant.

piemonster

I’m neither a sprinter or an endurance rider.

Surfing the internet was what I was born to do. I have the perfect spinal slouch.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ribbing is ok 🙂

90.1kg

wilburt
    Free Member

I haven’t had any alcohol for a week and seem to have lost a little under 1kg.

Its probably as much the absence of recovery food as much as the alcohol itself.

Jamie
    Free Member

Ribbing is ok

90.1kg

Pigface
    Free Member

Surely the fastest kid in the school would be considered a sprinter?

or the victim 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, that too 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

89.9kg

binners

Another big poo?

imnotverygood

89.9kg

See? I knew you could do it!! 😕

nickc

You’ve lost 3 pounds in a week, that’s not bad going.

molgrips
    Free Member

89.4 after my ride.

3lbs in 4 days actually, and I reckon I’ll drop 1-2 more by Saturday morning.

bearnecessities

Please… Don’t weigh yourself as often as you are doing; it’s pointless, even if you do it at the same time of day etc etc.

It’s really rewarding to see fruits of your efforts, I get that, and good on you, but no point in weighing yourself any more frequently than weekly for anyone other than a jockey!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Eat sensibly and exercise moderately and you will drop some weight and become fitter. To drop more weight, either eat less or move more.

I tried that, spot of muesli for breakfast, fruit for lunch, salad for tea with some chicken thrown in, drank only coffee or water. 2 weeks later I hadn’t lost an ounce!

Then started eating “normal” food for tea but not much of it. As I was living away I was basically getting my tea from Wetherspoons so had a pint while I decided to have a double chicken burger, then a free pint with my double chicken burger, at half the chile and both chicken breasts, part of the bun. Just trying to stop eating when I’m full and eating the better things first. (Nuns drilled and beat it into me to eat everything on my plate or starving children in Africa wouldn’t be pleased)

1 week later I’d lost 2Kg.

Been on the Wetherspoons diet for a number of weeks now and have lost 2 stone

Have been doing turbo for perhaps an hour and a half a week and the Insanity DVD course but only lightly as I had a broken rib.

piemonster

I suspect there are other reasons for rapid weight loss and eating at Weatherspoons.

piemonster

Please… Don’t weigh yourself as often as you are doing; it’s pointless, even if you do it at the same time of day etc etc.

It’s really rewarding to see fruits of your efforts, I get that, and good on you, but no point in weighing yourself any more frequently than weekly for anyone other than a jockey!

Plus1 it’s long term trends that count.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’m not exactly new to this game! They say not to weigh yourself often so you don’t get demoralised. However having graphed weight v time through weeks and even through the day I find it rather interesting to see what happens and to see how things affect the trend.

89.8 this morning, I found that toast in the evening has a negative effect in the morning weigh in, but I felt I needed some more carbs after my ride yesterday, I was properly knackered. However I predict it will be beneficial since I feel fine this morning, I predict more loss today.

Plenty of flaming material there, dig in.

miketually
    Free Member

69.1kg this morning, after burger, chips and a pint for tea at a pub last night.

WackoAK
    Free Member

flaming material there

Did you burn your toast?

nickc

70kg yesterday I had a maccyD mocha milkshake and a twix, and breakfast and lunch and soup with bread for my supper And a piece of fudge, and a bit of cake ( although that was a properly teeny )

Right fattie 🙂

nickc

but I felt I needed some more carbs after my ride yesterday, I was properly knackered. However I predict it will be beneficial since I feel fine this morning, I predict more loss today.

How do you know you wouldn’t have felt fine without the toast?

Pigface
    Free Member

Still no answer to what type of jeans this weight loss is in aid of 🙁

CaptJon
    Free Member

This thread is hilarious for many different reasons.

bearnecessities

Which way did you cut the toast?

molgrips
    Free Member

How do you know you wouldn’t have felt fine without the toast?

I don’t, for sure, but experience suggested it would be beneficial. I may do another ride today.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 168 total)

The topic ‘How much weight can I lose in 3 weeks?’ is closed to new replies.