Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How much to plaster/skim a room ?
  • renton
    Free Member

Just wondering what people are paying to have a room plastered/skimmed.

Cheers.

Steve.

stumpy01

Depends how big the room is and whether there are any bare bits that need more than just a skim….

I think we’ve paid between £180 and £300.

DaveRambo

We’ve had a few rooms done and tend to make sure it’s enough for a whole day as a lot of effort goes into them getting to your place, carting all the stuff in and tidying up.

We usually spend £180 for the day I think. A half day is something like £150 as he can’t really get another half day job that makes sense.

wzzzz
    Free Member

500 quid for a big room with artex ceiling that needed doing twice.

This is with me doing prep – removing loose, taping cracks and SBR the day before.

As said nobody will want to do it unless there is a days work in it, so get a few rooms done at once.

renton
    Free Member

The walls themselves are not to bad. We have just stripped layers of wall paper off and there are a few places where they have been filled before and have had rawl plugs etc so can’t really paint them as they are.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Paid 250 a room earlier this year. Had 4 rooms done. Cracking job too.

footflaps

Yep, about £250.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Just paid £1200 for the whole downstairs,and stairs done.
    2 walls needed boarding as did one ceiling.
    Oh and the fireplace done too..
    He’s done a fantastic job..

jim25

Above all seem very good prices. Im paying £200/£210 a day in London. took 3 days to do a large room with several alcoves, so prob 2 days for a normal medium size room

jimob
    Free Member

As above. I charge on average £250 for a small to medium size room to £450 for a larger room.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How much to plaster/skim a room ?’ is closed to new replies.