Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • How much taller are your kids than you?
  • zippykona

Just had a customer in with his “little boy” who is now 6’2″who must have put on nearly a foot in the last 18 months.
    My nearest male junior is 7 inches taller than me and one of our ladies in the shop has a 12 year old grandson with size 9-10 feet. How tall is he going to grow?
    Will the next generation after today’s teenagers been even taller than them? Will everything have to be made bigger, eg beds,door frames ,cars?

MoreCashThanDash

My 13 year old son has just about caught me at 5’9″. 🙁

His 9 year old sister has nearly caught her 4’10” mother 😆

Dickyboy

over ten years ago now but oldest son at 16 patted me on my head & called me a stocky little munchkin – I’m only a shade under 6ft ffs – all three sons are each at least 3″ taller than me

sadexpunk

both my lads have caught me up now in late teens/early twenties and are over 6ft. im 5’10.

Stoner
    Free Member

I’m 6’4″.

The little shits have got a fair way to go yet.

jimjam
    Free Member

I tower over my children.

They are two and three though.

geoffj

12 years old, size 11 feet and 5′ 9″ it’s like living in Amsterdam

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I thought you should grow to +-1 inch of your mother (for daughter) or father (for son), based on their peak height in their prime (~21 years old).

20-odd years ago, I ws 5’11”, now 5’10”. My dad was 6’0″.

Is it sons who are breaking “the rule?” You might want to do a DNA test, or not, as the case may be. 😉

ElShalimo

Wasn’t there some guidance of average of Mum & Dad + 7cm?
    I’m sure a GP friend told me this

bigblackshed

Boy1 is 18, size 11 feet, 6’1″, but has back problems so his posture isn’t great.

Boy2 is nearly 14, size 10 feet and 5’10”, built solid, like me. He’ll be a monster.

I’m 6’4″ and fill doorways, so I’m still the tallest, but not for long.

Drac

My eldest daughter is 13 she has size 7 feet she is taller than he mother but at 6′ 2″ she has almost 3″ to go to catch me up. She also has my skinny frame and long fair hair so I’m not worried oh no.

maccruiskeen

My eldest daughter is 13 she has size 7 feet

Only half concentrating – read that as your daughter being 7ft tall 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

My 20 year old son is only marginally taller than me (I’m 5′ 10″) but I blame his mother as she’s about 5′ 1″ on a good day. My 25 year old daughter is the same height as her mum.

Harry_the_Spider

I tower over mine, but he is only 9.

Dreading when he comes home properly pissed and spoiling for a rumble because he’ll be bigger than me and I’ll be nearly 60. 😳

funkmasterp

My son is about 3ft and I’m 5ft 8″ I reckon he’ll be about my height. He has the same racing snake build as me minus the beginnings of a belly.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My youngest is the smallest in his class but his mother is taller than average height for a female so I doubt he will remain small all his life

Only time will tell in my house as to what happens

HtS stop taking him to karate and keep going yourself 😉

cloudnine
    Free Member

Growing seems like some some people’s only achievement.. And then they brag about it like they had to put in a lot of effort

TiRed

Average of your heights plus 10 cm (with a prediction interval of about 10 cm as well). One is 3 cm shorter than me and one is 0.5 cm taller#. Boys tend to be taller than their mothers.

#They are both at least 15 kilos heavier than me though!

Harry_the_Spider

HtS stop taking him to karate and keep going yourself

I’ll be well into my Dan by then… but so will he.

Drac

Growing seems like some some people’s only achievement.. And then they brag about it like they had to put in a lot of effort

mightymule
    Free Member

No kids (can’t really compare the stepchildren), but at 5ft 11.5 I am bang on the same height as my Dad, and tower over my 5ft 6in Mum. She used to find this annoying when attempting to reprimand me 🙂

hammerite
    Free Member

Stepson is 15, 6′ 2″ and has size 14 feet. Nightmare getting him football boots and trainers. His dad is 6′ 1 and his mum is 5′ 5.

Dibbs
    Free Member

My son has been taller than me for ages (he’s 30 next month) but at least I’m finally taller than my 83 year old dad now. 😉

trademark
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ with size 13 feet.
    My 22 y-o son is 6’3″ and size 13.

mooman
    Free Member

Me 5’8″ … wife 5’6″ … son 25yrs old same height as me. Daughter 24yrs and a dwarf-like 5’ft

maccruiskeen

Its actually very easy. Which just goes to show just how incredibly lazy short people are. 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m 5’10” eldest daughter is slightly taller, other two are shorter. Have a good friend 5’11” very athletic and broad shouldered who’s 12 yo is taller and stronger and not surprisingly a young rugby star

Klunk
    Free Member

about 4 inches.

wors

I read a statistic once that said a child will always grow to be taller than the mother..

cchris2lou

My 13 year old son is 1m78 with size 12 feet. He overtook me this summer.

Sandwich

I’ll be well into my Dan by then… but so will he.

Maybe a switch to Brazilian Ju Jitsu for you and keep him at Karate. Grappling and a good ground game should keep things to your advantage.

miketually
    Free Member

I’m a shade under 6ft. I wasn’t particularly short when I was at sixth form in the mid 90s, but loads of my students tower over me. 6′ 7″ isn’t uncommon.

My ten year old daughter is in size 7 trainers but, based on my eldest who had been in 6.5s for a couple of years now, I think her feet will have stopped growing.

Euro
    Free Member

I’ve still got few inches on my eldest who’s 14 and 6’2″. He can’t wait to be bigger than me and it won’t be long now until he is. Then he’ll see what i mean about being tall having disadvantages too – like hitting your head on doors (top of head constantly covered in cuts), not fitting in seats (i can only fit in the middle back seat of buses/coaches). Having to sleep diagonally in some beds, and being crap at hide and seek.

Not convinced those height formulas aren’t just made up.

My daughter is the 16yr old (15 when photo was taken) freak in the middle – towers over her mum and is catching me up…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/NgB2P8]2016-10-16_09-15-39[/url] by davetheblade, on Flickr

nemesis
    Free Member

I’m 6’5″

My son is 99.6th percentile or higher which sets him up for being around 2 or 3″ taller than me though right now, I’m surprised it’s that little – he’s 4’9″ and size 5.5 shoes at the moment at 8.5 years old…

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Given that my ‘children’ are only microscopic gametes, I’m guessing they really are quite a bit smaller than me.

langylad
    Free Member

I’m 5’7 and so is the wife. Eldest is 6’2 and youngest at 16 has just reached 6′ and has sz 12 feet.
    Thankfully i know the milkman and he is a shortass too

gonzy
    Free Member

i’m 5’8″..wife is 5’5″
    she’s the youngest of 5 sisters but is the tallest
    i’m the youngest of 5 brothers and am the shortest
    her brothers are about 5’10” and 6′
    my brothers range from 5’10 to 6’2″
    i reckon my boys will eventually be much taller than me…
    i even reckon my daughter will be taller than her mum..and even me probably

i’m just making the most of the time that i have where i can look down at them and give them a bollocking

shinton
    Free Member

wors – Member
    I read a statistic once that said a child will always grow to be taller than the mother..

I think that only applies if the child is male. Anyone have fully grown boys that are not as tall as their natural mother?

br
    Free Member

I’m 6’2″ and my Dad was 5’10”.

My three sons are all pushing on 6′, but at 22, 21 and 18 I’m guessing only the youngest has any ‘growth’ left in him.

Both my wife (youngest son) and my ex-wife (eldest two) are struggling to hit 5’2″.

All three of my sons though were less than 5′ at 15 y/o, whereas I was over 6′ at that age.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How much taller are your kids than you?’ is closed to new replies.