Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)
  • How much of your day do you spend thinking about food?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m going to go for ‘a lot’.

I’m generally thinking about what I’m having for the meal after next. I’ve already thought about what I’m going to have now, so I might as well. Right now I’m thinking about steak with a stilton sauce, although I’m eating chicken fajitas.

Now that Masterchef is back on I can even think about food without thinking about it. Is it normal to salivate at the telly?

Am I obsessed?

Travis

Nope..I’m always thinking about it.
    Probably means I’m my stomach isn’t satisfied enough.

xcgb
    Free Member

Food is great even thinking about it is great, I love food! 😀

iDave
    Free Member

Food is ace, I think about it loads.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Sometimes I even think about being a vegetarian, just because.

iDave
    Free Member

I think about eating vegetarians

finbar
    Free Member

I’m playing about with intermittent fasting at the moment. Two days this week i’ve missed breakfast and lunch and just had one big meal in the evening, so no eating from about 8.30pm to 6.30pm the following day.

I’m not thinking about food as much as you might, well, think. Surprisingly hunger hasn’t really been much of an issue.

Hohum
    Free Member

Not that much really.

One or two other subjects take up a much larger proportion of my thoughts during the day…

Do you dream about food?

Junkyard
    Free Member

I am vegan so i never give it any thought as everything i eat is horrible anyway

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

finbar – why? My Mrs used to do that, not no more, I think about food for her too…

binners

Since stopping smoking, food now occupies my thoughts pretty much every waking moment.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Ho Hum – I rarely, if ever, remember my dreams. Sometimes I get up in the night to have some food though 😀

Junky – share with me your most favouritest vegan recipe and I shall cook it for myself.

flip
    Free Member

Not a lot, food is fuel 😉

Now whisky…

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

I salivate at Masterchef even having just eaten my tea. Had to sit through it with a tub of Ben and Jerry’s last night

Junkyard
    Free Member

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I hadn’t thought about having ice cream tonight…

joao3v16
    Free Member

food is fuel

Sadly (?) my view of food also.

Eating is mostly a means to and end, a necessity, like putting petrol in the car.

As long as I get healthy(ish) decent nutrition from somewhere or other I’m not too fussed.

If you spend more time preparing meals than eating them you’re making it too complicated 🙂

Try explaining that to HRH* though – cooking is less about the food, more about the personal challenge to use every single pan, dish and utensil we own

*wife

Junkyard
    Free Member

have some vegan ice cream – it is actually quite good
    Never ever try the cheese

bikebouy
    Free Member

Not a lot really, I just turn up to the cupboards and it seems to come together rather well.

Can’t stand shopping me, so do have a list in my head of stuff I would like to eat during the week, MrsBouy often has differing thoughts so it’s a good mix..

Why only today I did think about this weekends munchies, went shopping and bought some interesting things, but in a huuuuggggeeee supermarket near where I work (begining with A) had no camenbert, I know, I know..
    Loads of sourcraut/pickled veg etc. but no camenbert..

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Junky – I bet it’s quite healthy too? But is it made with soya?
    And surely a chip butty is not the pinacle of the vegan diet? Especially as I won’t even be able to have butter on it!

binners

food is fuel

I’m sorry but you’re clearly disturbed! You may not think you are, but you are. You need help

I’d suggest sitting down this evening with a glass of port, or a glass of decent red, an absolute mountain of really nice cheeses and some crackers.

If this holds no appeal to you, then you may need counselling

Junkyard
    Free Member

everything vegan is made with soya yes marg is not as nice as butter but ethically you will feel smug …oh its you smugger 😉

hilldodger
    Free Member

sexsexsexsexfoodfoodbeerbikesfoodsexsexbeerbikesfoodfoodsexbeerbeerfood
    sexfoodsexbeerfoodsexbeerbeerbikesfoodsex

approximately…….

finbar
    Free Member

finbar – why? My Mrs used to do that, not no more, I think about food for her too…

I’m also eating very low carb / high fat at the moment, and i find i’m just not getting that hungry. Also it’s amazing how quickly you can get out the door in the morning if you don’t have to cook breakfast/lunch.

Travis

I hate Soya, they have it so much here in China.
    They even have Chicken that looks like a (whole) Chicken, cooks like one, tastes like one, but is soya.
    Just eat a chicken if you want it to be one grrrrrr.

No offence to Vegans.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

or a glass of decent red, an absolute mountain of really nice cheeses and some crackers.

That’s what I had last Friday… plus some Iberico ham that was half price… £4.49 for 8 wafer thin slices, but my god did it taste good.

sugdenr
    Free Member

Being a boy (man, chap, bloke – whatever iDave) I’m usually too busy thinking about sex

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m just about to make Fish Pie – that’ll see us through quite a bit of the weekend.

binners

binners

Is it a posh one Bravisimo. With prawns in and stuff?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I love a good fish pie… bought all the stuff to make one then got to hungry so had seafood pasta one night and kedgiree the next.

I’m usually too busy thinking about sex

That’s what the GF’s for.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is it a posh one Bravisimo. With prawns in and stuff?

You’re such a f(l)ecker binbins. It’ll be smoked haddock and prawns. 😛

binners

Oh, how the other half live 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😐

hilldodger
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    I’m just about to make Fish Pie

so is that food or sex then…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

so is that food or sex then…..

That’s just disgusting.

<syringe of Jeyes Fluid for hilldodger’s brains please>

Durrty bastid! 😛

flip
    Free Member

I’d suggest sitting down this evening with a glass of port whisky, or a glass of decent red, an absolute mountain of really nice cheeses and some crackers.

If this holds no appeal to you, then you may need counselling

Sounds ace FTFY 😉

binners

hilldodger – its a haddock pasty you’re thinking of

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Right, just off to poach the haddock in milk…

(And yes, literally poach the haddock in milk you durrty fleckers)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

When did you develop this terrible typing affectation Darcy?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘How much of your day do you spend thinking about food?’ is closed to new replies.