Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • How much is my Klein HT worth??
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Wanting to sell this along with most of my other 26ers now that theres two 29ers in my collection now. But I’m not sure how much its worth, or how much I’m likely to get for it. Surely people collect these bikes/frames who might want it? Maybe only people in the US do, but anyway. Its a 2001 or 00 Klein Adroit Race, most parts have been swapped/exchanged from the original sped except for the frame and seat-post.

Spec includes: SID forks, XT chainset, Hope Mini front brake, and original long old skool stem. Currently set up as a single speed.

Pic below…
    Cheers.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

bump ^-^

amedias
    Free Member

Surely people collect these bikes/frames who might want it?

Not Kleins of that age I’m afraid, its well past the Trek buyout, where the proper Klein sobs will tell you it’s no longer a proper Klein, and also right at the end of the cross-over point where they were the old Klein designs being made by trek (still has the Klein dropouts facing backwards by the look of it and internal cable routing), it’s almost into the ‘Trek with Klein-stickers’ era.

It is however still a very well built, nicely lightweight, racey hardtail frame with good XC geometry, and you should think of it as such, just don’t go expecting the Klein name to add much value on a frame of this era.

If you were selling frame only you’d probably get £80 – £150 (maybe a smidge more if you were really lucky!) for it I think, as a full bike it’s gonna be awkward to shift due to mis-matched bits, you’ll get more for it by splitting it up.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

still has the Klein dropouts facing backwards by the look of it and internal cable routing),

Yes indeed it has and it does.

you’ll get more for it by splitting it up.

Would do if I get other opinions that thats the case. 🙂

sausagefingers
    Free Member

yup,amedias has it spot on.i bought a slightly better specced bike for £280 then realised no-one wanted it when it came to sell so i split it and stuck the lot on ebay and got even less 😆 win some lose some.
    it’s a shame as they’re great frames but the klein snobs don’t want them.
    whereabouts are you? just in case i fancy another 😳

amedias
    Free Member

it’s a shame as they’re great frames but the klein snobs don’t want them.

This is the key bit, they ARE great frames, but there is no demand for them so they get treated just like any other decade old ally HT, and that means they don’t fetch much as a full bike.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I sold this on Ebay about 4 weeks ago for £295. Just keep an eye on ebay and see what they go for.t

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘How much is my Klein HT worth??’ is closed to new replies.