• This topic has 40 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Euro.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • How much is a canabis plant worth?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Due to sky’s need to keep changing the channel numbers I ended up flicking on some cop show this morning whilst eating my cornflakes.
    The scallywags that were the almost ingenious weed growers had found a sunny little spot at the side of a main road, nicely hidden in the middle of nowhere and had set up an outdoor weed farm. On harvesting the plants for the crims, the old Bill declared that these 203 plants would have had a street value of 85k if they’d been left to grow properly. Is one plant really worth 400 quid odd each harvest?

somouk
    Free Member

Thats the figure that was mentioned on another cop program the other night where some lads had broken in and stolen a load of plants from another grower.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Hmmmmmm…..

Scrapes a huge area of land flat. Claims it’s for a “shed”. Asks on internet about cultivation of cannabis plants.

Suspicious panther is suspicious. 😉

seosamh77
    Free Member

Depends how you sell it, I’d imagine.

Example, weed prices in Glasgow are about £50-70 quid a quarter, so at that rate, an ounce is worth £200-280. A plant can have anything from 1 to 10 ounce harvested from it, depending on the plant, as far as I know..

Wholesale prices are obviously much cheaper.

£400 per plant is probably a fair conservative estimate for a grower, the smaller dealers need to make their cut too. But as I say that depends on the plants, different plants have different yeilds.

yunki
    Free Member

what he said ^^^

clodhopper
    Free Member

Police figures about such things will definitely be overexaggerated/estimated to the maximum possible, in order to make the ‘crime’ appear far more serious than it might actually be; put a monetary value on things, and people can relate to it better.

‘Street value’ is calculated to the estimated total amount of all financial transactions involved; grower may sell the lot for say £X, then distributor will sell portions to local dealers for £Y, then dealers sell bags for £Z. So £X+Y+Z = ‘street value’. There’ll be no one person getting the ‘£85k’ though.

DaRC_L

I am guessing that the £400 is final retail value, where the dealer sells it to joe smoke-public.
    Assuming the grower is not the dealer and if it’s like the art world then you’re looking at a !00% markup per pair of hands it goes through that could reduce the price per plant to £100 or even down to £50 per plant.

philjunior
    Free Member

I suspect it’s the middle men that takes the value out of it for the average grower.

I would guess it might be £20 for around 4g, to the final customer. That means getting 80g of bud from each plant – doesn’t seem too unrealistic. I have no idea about the production of resin, might be some more money to be made from that too.

It’s almost enough for one to consider a change of career isn’t it! And it’d be tax free unless you get caught in which case 100% tax.

edhornby

Depends on your crop and marketing strategy; hipster smokes and artisan ganja is much more lucrative 🙂

Depends on how many harvests you reap before getting busted

joolsburger
    Free Member

Average plant produces around 5-10oz and each oz sells for around 200 retail as it were. If the dealer is also the retailer then obviously they make more but the vast majority of big growers are going to wholsale weights at around half that to minimise risk which grows massively as you get nearer the end user.
    it’s a fairly low profit endeavour. Cocaine on the other hand…..

SiB
    Free Member

With all the right equipment, ie not on a roadside and with only natural light, I would guess 3 – 4oz harvest from 1 plant and if its high grade that can easily be sold for £200/ounce………..so lets say £800 harvest per plant*

*at a guess!

SiB
    Free Member

10oz a plant?!?!?! I’m handing my notice in and going green fingered!

footflaps

Depends on how many harvests you reap before getting busted

That’s why you always leave a child slave to tend the crops…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Example, weed prices in Glasgow are about £50-70 quid a quarter

Holy ****! Was 25 quid a quarter when I chucked it! 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

You can see why random people are starting to grow. There’s even a unit/shop in derby where you can get all the kit. Two plants would be a nice supplement to a normal income.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Would they be more valuable than saffron plants then?

marcus7
    Free Member

Theres a place round the back of us that sells the kit…. a suprising number of blacked out beemers seem to visit…..

PMK2060

My nephew was growing weed in one of his bedrooms.

He had an attempted break in at home so phoned the police. When the police came to the house they could smell the weed and he was arrested and the plants and growing kit confiscated.

As you can imagine he is not the brightest lad :).

P-Jay
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member

Would they be more valuable than saffron plants then?

I guess we’d need to know the yield from Saffron plants, but for the end product with a ‘street value’ of £8 a gram

Saffron Dealers

Common or garden safron is slightly more expensive than philjunior’s quote of £5 a gram for Weed.

Fancy ‘Persian’ saffron can be £45 a gram, that’s cocaine money. I do believe I was in contradiction of some International Embargo or something last year, my Folks live in the Middle East and brought me home some fancy Iranian Saffron – I could have have ‘the feds’ on me ha ha.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Nobeerinthefridge – Member
    Holy ****! Was 25 quid a quarter when I chucked it!

aye was around £25 around the turn of the millenium, went up to £40 not long after, stuck around £50 for a while, and some try and stretch it a bit these day. Can still be had for £50 in some places, lot of people work to £10 a gram these days to the end user..

solid is still about £25/30 a quarter.

bigjim

outdoor plant in the UK climate is going to be a far cry from the yield of something grown intensively indoors.

richardkennerley

I saw that programme. I suspect those plants were actually worthless, there were no buds on them.

crankboy
    Free Member

sentencing presumption is 40 grams per plant evidence can suggest that up to 200g can be achieved. 3 harvests a year possible , skunk is £30 per 1/8 or 3.5g at street leval , £1000 t0 £2000 per kilo bulk , herbal and resin about half that .

vondally
    Free Member

sergeant Gerry Boyle: You lads always announce seizure of drugs worth a street value at $10 million or $20 million or half a billion dollars. I wonder what street it is you’re buying your cocaine on, because it’s not the same street as I’m buying my cocaine on.

Xylene
    Free Member

There was, and may still be a weed syndicate in the NE of growers, they grew high end fancy we’d. Traded between themselves and some outsiders. If you were outside there network you were paying between 10-20 per gram. Some plants yielded 3 ounces some less some considerably more.

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Wow! It was £25 a quarter in 2003 (last time I smoked).

A police programming I saw last week valued the plants at £1,000 each but that was plants grown properly with warmth and artificial light etc.

kayak23

Depends how you sell it, I’d imagine.

Doesn’t seem too bad every 3 months.
    Didn’t realise things were done on a subscription basis these days…

seosamh77
    Free Member

aye you don’t want to be smoking too much, so a quarter a quarter is a good level to play the game at!

It’s the perfect weed/life balance! 😆

slackalice
    Free Member

Uninformed conjecture is uninformed conjecture.

However, think of the tax revenue if it were regulated…

Could probably run the NHS.

Which of course, is more conjecture. Which is the issue with controlled substances, no research, no meaningful information, no social responsibility. Just opens itself up for conjecture…

milkyman
    Free Member

as far as I know its not illegal to buy the equipment or the seeds, but put the two together then you are breaking the law

pitduck
    Free Member

possibly not relevant, but in Humboldt county in California (I think)ten”lb” outdoor plants are routinly grown

squirrelking
    Free Member

What? A day already and no Somafunk?

Vondally – quote 😀

ferrals
    Free Member

The scallywags that were the almost ingenious weed growers had found a sunny little spot at the side of a main road, nicely hidden in the middle of nowhere and had set up an outdoor weed farm

A.k.a gorilla gardening, used to come across it a lot when exploring singletrack around east hants. as a kid. Blends in well with bracken (visually not some exotic mix!)

alpin
    Free Member

Where’s my post gone? Has someone seriously taken offence and reported it?

seosamh77
    Free Member

what did you post?

alpin
    Free Member

a link to a hydroponic kit from Ikea… this:

however, there is a chance that i just thought i posted it, but i’ve not hd smoke since yesterday. ❓

bigjim

Yeah you did post it. Obviously an ikea hydroponic kit is offensive or dangerous

Drac

It wasn’t the image it’s what you suggested people do with it.

slackalice
    Free Member

I doubt it could be swallowed, let alone passed.

alpin
    Free Member

I think when people are discussing current weed prices,yields and supposed drugs rings in the North East I hardly think that my comment that a growing kit could be used for growing drugs is that wild…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘How much is a canabis plant worth?’ is closed to new replies.