Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • how much income to live with a partner and a kid.
  • miaowing_kat
    Free Member

hmm. I spend about £95 a month on groceries – that includes things like toilet roll. I don't really budget and I don't eat that poorly. I do spend extra on going out to eat once or twice a week. I'm not sure why £200 a month for two people would be that difficult? (not including child. agree that £200 for three people wouldn't work)

spev

mmmm, I'm earning 12,500 a year, the other half is now unemployed so thats the only wage, I get 110 per month working tax credit (she cant claim anything at the moment for various complicated reasons) now we dont have kids but we manage to keep a mortgage on the go and 2 (small) cars (although one may go soon). We scrimp on luxuries but we both eat healthily. We don't drink or smoke though and eating out is a no no (but i'm too picky to let someone else cook for me :0) ) but we are happy and enjoying life so Its got to be possible on your wage surely?

PePPeR

LOL I was a single parent on income support for 2 years, my food bill was £12 a week as it was all we could afford!

My new wife and I lived for 5 years whilst she went to Uni on £22,000 a year we were bloomin skint and are having to pay back the extra money we had to borrow now 4 years after she finished.

juan
    Free Member

When I was PhDing there I was earing 1000£ net.
    Sharing a house (rent + bills on the 350 mark) I was still able to save 200 a month (more or less). So eating going out biking and buying the random stuff for 450 a month.

The unknown are going to be the taxes (council and income) over my net salary. I will indeed bring the expenses down a maximum by riding a bike everywhere (probably a SS one as they are cheaper). I guess it's going to depend on the rent which is going to be school related :s

mrsflash
    Free Member

£200 a month on food for two is easy, that's what we spend and we eat very well. Just don't waste food. I do a meal plan and buy to a list. It's not hard at all. That also includes decent quality free frange / organic meat, not cheap shit.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘how much income to live with a partner and a kid.’ is closed to new replies.