Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How much have you spent on bike security?
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

I ask as a couple of riders I've spoke to have had bikes stolen. I asked about locks, and one said he used one of this springy cable locks – on a £2k bike. The other sounded like he didn't lock it at all.

And the lad I normally ride with left his in the back of his van and had it nicked. Now keeps his bike in his lounge.

I've got about £450 worth of security, including 2 pragmasis chains. I've not had a bike nicked yet, but I'm pretty paranoid (possibly as I work in the security industry).

ton

not enough here……… 😥

benji_allen
    Free Member

not enough here………

Recent theft?

ton

over the weekend from a locked and alarmed van.

coogan
    Free Member

£152,000. They stay in me flat.

mactheknife

i had a pitch pro and a spesh allez road bike nicked this morning. I had 2 very good chains round them. But as i knew could happen the little **** came tooled up and just went through them.

The pitch was insured but i was getting round to my misses road bike, but as usual it was 'ill do it tomorrow' thing.

breakneckspeed
    Free Member

Benji – I'm sort of tempted to say that I spend very little, however a couple of years ago we had our integral garage converted in to two rooms, one is a lounge. The other is the ‘bike room’ This is a 3m x 3m room with external upvc door and security locks. The door is wired into the alarm system – the door between the bike room and house is a custom build security solid wood security door with 5 lever mortise lock – The bikes are not secured within the room – so the answer to the question is properly quite a lot

benji_allen
    Free Member

Gutted for you guys. Some right c words out there.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Mine in alarmed garage with alarm loop wire around bikes. When I say alarmed I mean two of them cheap battery powered shed ones, although they are very loud.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Dunno, about £35 probably. Mind, at least two of the bikes are in the flat and I have insurance…

z1ppy

no idea as I bought them over the years for different uses (used to have motorcycles), but the last one was a Almax lock (do feel these and the pragamsis units are the way ahead), still don't think I have enough security but then I do have the priceless security of road full of retired nosy buggers watching the house all day long and a big woofy dog.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How much have you spent on bike security?’ is closed to new replies.