Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • How much has suspension improved in the last 10 years?
  • psykx

I’ve been riding my whole life but I’ve been not been keeping up with bike design in the last 10 years or more. I’ve got some friends living out in Chamonix and my brother is getting really into riding harder so I think it’s time to get a full sus to complement my ragley blue pig and cyclocross bike.

I’m looking to ride what was called freeride in the 90’s and now would be probably called enduro.

Has suspension improved in the last 10 years? If so what technology is now used? How noticeable is the difference between a new old stock ten year old shock and a new shock. For the purposes of this discussion lets image that both are setup to the rider.

VanHalen

I think rear air shocks have improved loads. Coil less so but still a bit.

My 2012 mid range Lyrik is not much better than my 2006 low end marzocchi fork. The marz is a bit better than my 2000 tf tuned boxxer but not much tbh.

I think the main progress in forks has been fairly recent and in getting lighter weights and getting the air springs to work better.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘How much has suspension improved in the last 10 years?’ is closed to new replies.