Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How much for these brakes?
  • bearnecessities

I’ve got a set of Haynes 9s that need a full rebuild; I bought some new brakes instead. I just want to offload them, not after top dollar, just a sensible price in the ‘community’ spirit. They’re in good nick visually, come with rotors and all bolts, just from a function POV, they need a rebuild.

What should I be asking?

(Last time I sold brakes, they had long pads, needed ‘toeing in’; and I could fit them!)

Cheers, Rich

mboy
    Free Member

Best bet would be to put them on eBay. They’ll reach a larger audience, and you might find someone that’s after a non functioning set like yours to help fix his existing set.

As they are right now, bearing in mind you can buy fully functioning hydro discs new for silly low prices, yours probably aren’t worth £20 to most people. eBay is likely to net a higher price.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Would say it depends how old they are its not that easy to get Hayes spares compared to Hope and shimano.

tomhoward

eBay them with no reserve. (Fwiw Hayes brakes are a mare to service and £35 is prob a bit much, given new deore can be had for £50ish a pair when crc have an offer on.)

bearnecessities

Cheers all, I’d prefer them to go on here to someone that can make use of them, rather than fleabay. I’ll stick a new ad up in 24 hours for £25 posted.

(I replaced them with Deore, staggered with how good they are!)

Cheers, Rich

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How much for these brakes?’ is closed to new replies.