Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How much for a frame/fork respray?
  • camo16
    Free Member

So, I’m considering buying a vintage 70s steel racer, which is über cool and well specced… but fairly shit paint wise due to years in storage.

So, anyone paid for a professional respray? I’m after a rough cost estimate.

Gracias muchachos

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I had Argos Cycles in Bristol respray my old Surly Cross Check a couple of months ago. Cost £140 and looks fantastic. There will undoubtedly be cheaper options than Argos but I’m well pleased with the result and consider it money well spent.

camo16
    Free Member

Ta, Big Dave

Was that the whole process or did you do any of the prep?

nedrapier

170 with a fancy flam flip metallic job at Dave Yates, inc prep. Well chuffed, looks ded good.

nedrapier

They can put you in touch with a guy who has a large library of vintage repro graphics, if that’s handy?

As could I, if I could remember who it was.

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Was that the whole process or did you do any of the prep?

I just stripped the components off the frame and took it to their workshop where they chemically stripped the existing paint off, undercoated it and then sprayed it. Argos will take bikes apart and even fit new components if required after spraying but will charge extra.

Its worth taking your bike to Argos just to get a look at the wonderful array of vintage frames they take in. Saw a beautiful old Hetchins that they had recently done when I picked mine up.

nedrapier

‘fyerintrested:

http://www.hlloydcycles.com/

sausagefingers
    Free Member

I’ve just had my old Donohue road f+f done at Bob Jackson’s in Leeds.it was dog rough but looks fantastic now.
    Charged me £165 for metallic green flam with decals,that included them blasting it
    Very happy with it

camo16
    Free Member

Thanks guys.

If I get the bike I think I will have to give up on the retro graphics. The bike brand seems to be so niche that even Google is stumped…

Edric64
    Free Member

What brand is it?

fasternotfatter
    Free Member
    Edric64
    Free Member
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How much for a frame/fork respray?’ is closed to new replies.