Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • How much do you pay for broadband?
  • cheers_drive

We’ve been with Virgin for 12 years and the broadband is generally fast and reliable, we also had Virgin TV but got rid of that a few years back. It bothers me that they put the bill up every 6 months, if it always corresponded with an increase in speed I wouldn’t mind so much or would downgrade to a lower.
    Current package is is SuperFibre 50 with phone line (don’t need it but have to have it), cost now is £42.50 per month.
    I suspect changing might be cutting of my nose to spite my face (I work from home so a good, fastish connection is essential) but interested to hear about others experiences we alternatives.

Cougar

No cable Internet?

DezB
    Free Member

I’m on Virgin Fibre 200 it’s about £38 but no phone line rental needed with Virgin. http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/broadband/broadband-only.html

Gets my goat that all the providers make you have a phone line with their packages. Hardly anyone needs a home phone line these days!

IHN

Probably too much with PlusNet, £35 quid-ish for 30mb-ish I think, plus we often get assigned a US IP address which is a PITA.

It’s on my ‘must get round to changing’ list

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

BT Infinity 2 for ~£16pcm (after they increased from the original “personal offer” of £14pcm for 24 months from summer 2016), plus BT landline paid in a lump sum of ~£208 for 12 months (means one month free compared to paying monthly).

We barely use the landline despite the free up to 60 min free calls at the weekend, but then we barely use our mobiles for calls either.

There was a deal recently by Plusnet which was quite attractive is you got rid of the free weekend calls. Well worth checking Topcashback/Quidco for nice deals for switching, we got ~£120 when we switched to BT a few years back.

So ~£33pcm all-in.

disco_stu
    Free Member

Paying £22 per month with Plusnet for 38Mb, it includes a phone line which we don’t really use.

footflaps

£35/month for 50 Mb/s ish with Virgin. No download limits.

Painey
    Free Member

I pay £25 a month for phone line and sky fibre broadband which works very well. If virgin media were available I’d probably go with them but not yet in our area.

If I had the choice I’d go with hyperoptic, 1gb download/upload speed!

jimjam
    Free Member

About £65ish a month for cable free 4g broadband.

plyphon
    Free Member

40ish a month, Virgin, it works, I’m happy.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

£25 with EE, 8Mb, Line rental included and anytime calls

seosamh77
    Free Member

about £33 for 70meg virgin, no phone line or tv.

jolmes
    Free Member

200mb Virgin Cable, no download limits or no phone line or TV, think we pay £34 ish.

zntrx
    Free Member

£45 for 80/20 FTTC With Arnold & Andrews includes line rental but no phone service
    150GB DL Cap

Pay a bit extra for this but would much rather give my money to these guys than anyone else I’ve found.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

£38 per month Sky Fibre unlimited + weekend/evening calls + Sky Freesat with record facility. 12 month contract

Ben_H

Equivalent to £10.01 per month, with Plusnet, for basic broadband and phone line.

£194 upfront for £18 months, with a £2.01 monthly charge – less £50 cashback.

No calls, no TV, not brilliant speeds, but not expensive either.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Plusnet atm, about 37 for fibre and eve/we calls.

Vodafone doing fibre unlimited with Sonos play 1 for 25 or 30 a month all in, dependant on speed, think I’m gonna go with them.

Mowgli
    Free Member

£18/month inc line rental and ‘free’ broadband with Sky. 12 month offer which I’ve got them to renew three years on the trot. It’s slow as an old dog though, so looking around for cheapest fibre or cable.

cycl1ngjb
    Free Member

£12 a month for standard broadband and line rental with Sky

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

plusnet £11.99 a month for 18m unltd fiber aprox 38mb
    plus annual phoneline £186 12m.

GrahamS

Zen £25 a month for ~24 Mbps ADSL line.

Not the cheapest option but I’ve been with Zen for a decade and they are rock solid reliability and haven’t given in to throttling or blocking torrent/streaming like some ISPs have.

jimdubleyou

Virgin 200 fibre, with a phone and basic Tivo – about £52 a month.

We were paying exorbitant fees (nearly £150 😯 )for all the TV but we canned as we just weren’t watching it…

grizedaleforest

£30 a month for 1Gbps symmetrical (\smug\). With B4RN (community bb in the North)

footflaps

We’ve been with Virgin for 12 years and the broadband is generally fast and reliable, we also had Virgin TV but got rid of that a few years back. It bothers me that they put the bill up every 6 months, if it always corresponded with an increase in speed I wouldn’t mind so much or would downgrade to a lower

You can just phone up and say you’re moving to Plusnet etc and they’ll match the price for a year. We did that last year…..

bigjim

£9.50 a month sky broadband and line

oafishb
    Free Member

Just cancelled all services w virgin as no longer watching TV but do use 200mb internet and phone. It WAS £56 pcm.

They called back and got same 200mb cable and phone but no tv for £28 per month.
    Always been happy with virgin internet.

ourmaninthenorth

Nothing*

*work for a telecoms company

footflaps

They called back and got same 200mb cable and phone but no tv for £28 per month.

Pretty good VFM!

lightman
    Free Member

Always been happy with virgin internet.

I don’t understand why people are happy with companies that make them threaten to leave before giving them a better price!
    FYI, Im with Virgin and it pisses me off everytime I’ve got to go through that crap, just give me a good deal in the first place.

breadcrumb

Sky fibre and landline £38 per month. Blistering 2mb.

scaled
    Free Member

~£25 (including loyalty discount) a month with Virgin 100+mbit down ~5mbit up.

Dunno why but they doubled the speed for free when i moved house last week.

chrismac

I want to change, currently with Virgin and its ok but nothing special. Problem is that we cant use anyone who uses a BT copper line as we are too far away from the exchange which means we only get dial in speeds, it was very painful.

Does anyone know if Vodaphone or any other provider that doesnt use the BT copper network to get it to our house

P-Jay
    Free Member

£52 a month with Virgin.

100Mbps fibre, the basic HD package and a phone line that doesn’t work for some reason and I’ve never bothered to look at.

It’s due to go up in Nov, but that can whistle for it, the Virgin box is appalling, laggy, crap interface I still find frustrating 8 months in and I’m annoyed that want extra for free to view HD channels like E4… I’ve just got to fix the aerial…

iainc

BT unlimited fibre here, free calls etc. £50 a month

and a bit more per month on Sky 🙁

weeksy

No idea in honesty. It just comes out with BT

aide

Think its about £16-17 a month for about 30mbps although it does dip at peak times to about the ‘teens. With vodafone

cheers_drive

Thanks all, think I’ll stick with Virgin but get phone removed, last time I checked it was more expensive not to have phone.

thepurist

Just switched to sky, 12 month deal about 23 per month for broadband, line rental and inclusive evening and weekend calls. Then 75 quid prepaid mastercard on activation and 90 quid from topcashback. CBA to work out net monthly cost but it ain’t much.

km79
    Free Member

£32.50 a month for Virgin broadband 100meg (I think or maybe next one down, I cant keep up) through fibre optic cable. No TV or phoneline required.

tillyfishes
    Free Member

This msut top the most ripped off category on this thread….. so £30 per months with plusnet for 0.5mbps per second. Then again this is rural scotland….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘How much do you pay for broadband?’ is closed to new replies.