Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • How much do you eat? Diet advice.
  • langy
    Free Member

ride to work
    coffee, fruit (nana) and a muesli bar (organic one where poss with less sugar etc)
    have veggie chips, dry berries or fruit, more organic muesli stuff on hand for snacks, odd biscuit or slice of cake if around although a bit more of an indulgence than a regular thing
    lunch is either a homemade sandwich or some pasta/noodle stuff
    afternoon is as per morning for a snack
    ride home
    dinner is rice or rice pasta or veggies as wife is vegetarian
    decaf tea or coffee and something sweet but small

However, it is all portions; when I want to loose a bit of excess weight, I do a couple of things; totally cut out drinking, reduce the amount of carb/sugar after midday. Drinking equals beer which equals carbs and the feeling that I need to eat more to not get pissed. Carbs after lunch means that I don't have too much extra that the body stores as fat etc.

Also, make sure I am as hydrated as I can be at all times; this helps a lot I find. I guess you pass the excess stuff out to a degree rather than store it up…

commute and riding gives me over 200km a week; often over 250… work is a mix of unloading trucks = physical or sitting behind desk = sedate, but generally fairly active throughout the day

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

. I guess you pass the excess stuff out to a degree rather than store it up…

not at all, you use it or store it – nutrients in your urine is a very bad sign 🙁

hilldodger
    Free Member

not at all, you use it or store it – nutrients in your urine is a very bad sign….

depends upon your definition of 'nutrient' – if you mean simply 'source of calories' then yes, it's not good – but nutrients such as water soluble vitamins, minerals and some organic salts are normally excreted via the urine if consumed in excess (eat some beetroot, asparagus or vit B complex to demonstrate)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

if you mean simply 'source of calories' then yes, it's not good

well yes, of course, and none of those other things contribute to weight excess…

langy
    Free Member

Yes, now I read that, I realise I know that can't be it.

Must be the excess beer and carbs of Chrimbo stopping me from thinking clearly! 😉

I guess the staying hydrated makes you feel 'full' and therefore you are not eating 'for the sake of it'/empty calories and that also it helps to completely process what you do eat, and not pass it before the complete calorific benefit of that food has been realised.

Should add a friend of mine has followed the reduced carbs after midday thing and lost a stone and a half over about 8 months and is now holding steady; he still has enough to function, but also gives his body a period to use up any 'extra' energy rather than store it as fat. EG not having seconds of pasta in the evening, but instead having some more veg or a piece of fruit to 'fill up'; sharing a naan bread with his wife when having a curry rather than one himself and then finishing hers off as she can't eat it all Doesn't sound like a lot, and in honesty it isn't, but the change has paid off hugely without the need for excessive regimes of exercise or food deprivation type dieting. You don't need that much in the evening when you are just going to go to sleep, but your body stores it 'just in case'. Obviously, if you had just had a big ride and were due another the next day, the scenario would be different.

Also, if you don't eat breakfast, do; stops the want to snack (which is often rubbish if you are unprepared) and therefore reduces the 'poor' calories that you do consume.

Pandora
    Free Member

It's difficult when a vegetarian. My nutritionist told me that – very helpful (not)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

It's difficult when a vegetarian

tosh – I've been veggie for 28 years 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How much do you eat? Diet advice.’ is closed to new replies.