• This topic has 14 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How much are cars fetching for scrap value at the minute?
  • the-muffin-man

^ As title

Just got the phonecall from the garage – the old Skoda has failed its MOT on 9 items + 5 advisories so it’s time to say goodbye! 🙁

johnners
    Free Member

That sounds like a lot to go wrong since the last mot, have you been rallying in it?

mark90
    Free Member

I got more from these http://www.rewardingrecycling.co.uk for the missus Scenic than I would have got taking it down to the scrap yard for weighing in (about £70/Tonne at the time, don’t think it’s gone up much / at all). They collect so saves you the hassle of taking it to the scrap yard too.

the-muffin-man

Nope – but it is 16 yrs old!

Cougar

Mate scrapped his car a couple of weeks back, got about £140 for it IIRC.

Last one I scrapped, which was a fair old while ago, I had to pay them to take it away.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

sell parts on ebay,then scrap it?

Jerome
    Free Member

I gave my last one to charity.
    Seemed easy solution..
    Got a letter to say they had got a few hundred quid for it.

ebygomm
    Free Member

300 from motorwise for a dead Corolla

mark90
    Free Member

I’ve found rewarding recycling about 10% more than motorwise. It probably depends on your location (assuming collection) and how close they have agents. So worth shopping around and trying a few, only takes a few sec to enter the reg number and get a quote. Always get more if you can take it in. For me it wasn’t worth the hassle of borrowing a trailer.

Rockape63
    Free Member
    woodster

I put my broken Saab on ebay and got £205 for it.

Just tried that rewarding recycling to see that they’d have paid £12.95.

the-muffin-man

Reward are offering £159 – so not too bad.

totalshell

just sold mine.. got 40 picked up from by the scrappers.. id sold the exhaust for 95 the door panels for 40 the heater controls for 20 got 20 a piece for the wing mirrors grill and front bumper 80 still got the wheels ecu distributor front and rear lights alternator on ebay.. should clear 500 for a grotty suzuki with no mot for three years..cant sell a driving one with a years test on ebay for 650.. go figure..

jemima
    Free Member

£90 including collection for big car.
    £80 dropped off at scrappy for medium car.
    Better than having to pay to get rid. CBA with hassle of breaking for ebay spares myself.

andyl
    Free Member

Got £140/ton for mixed metal scrap the other day. Cars go for a bit less as more plastics and fabrics and mantling to do so about £80-100 per ton. Half that, if anything, if they have to collect. Will be scrapping a shell and old interior from our crashed car when I get the interiors swapped over and engine, box, new suspension and full tank of diesel out of it. Happy with the guy coming over and taking it away for nothing as he can lift it with his hiab and save me from cutting up the shell into manageable chunks to get in the trailer.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How much are cars fetching for scrap value at the minute?’ is closed to new replies.