Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • How middle class can one get?
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I asked if they had filter coffee in a roadside cafe today, 'it's Nescafe Mate'.
    'I'll have the tea then, but not in a styrofoam cup thankyou very much'.

atlaz
    Free Member

At my grandfather's 90th birthday, my cousin (who fancied himself as a bit upper middle class after earning a bit of money in the preceding years), was explaining to me how he was looking to buy an 18th century barn etc. Unfortunately his attempt at bigging himself up was ruined by his brother

Cousin 1: I'm thinking of buying the barn and converting it. Oh, and I'm taking country life
    Cousin 2: Anally or orally?

donald
    Free Member

My brother's wife went into the chippie in Aviemore and asked for a "herbal tea to go".

To be fair, she's Canadian.

But still.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

'it's Nescafe Mate'.

Ah, "maté". That wonderful drink which is drunk through a "bombilla" and is so loved by the primitive Andean peasants 🙂

I had no idea that Nescafe did an instant version of it though…………….sounds absolutely ghastly – yak 🙁

atlaz
    Free Member

Also, for the sake of argument, clafoutis far more traditionally has cherries in it (there's some extra pedant points to be earned here but I'll skip them). However for my money, leave the fruit out totally and bung some rum into the mixture; hey presto, a Far Breton, which is acceptably northern French rather than from the middle bit 😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

clafoutis far more traditionally has cherries in it

The ones with cherries is for posh gits.

It's pears for poor people. If they're lucky………..otherwise it's apples.

Rickos
    Free Member

cynic-al – Member
    Ok gf has arrived. We're off to tj's for a knee trembler in the stairwell.

I did lollage. There'll be none of the shenanigans at chez Rickos. You'll wake the baby.

Nico
    Free Member

meh

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Will there be any staircase action tonight?

scaredypants

there's some extra pedant points to be earned here

it's peASant points round ernies, none of yer pedantry

atlaz
    Free Member

ernie – Now you've forced me to get the extra pedant points. A clafoutis with fruit other than cherries is a flognarde 😛

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Buuuuuuurrrrrpppppp

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

……before anyone dismisses me for having irreconcilable bourgeois tendencies.

😆

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ernie – Now you've forced me to get the extra pedant points. A clafoutis with fruit other than cherries is a flognarde

Well I claim further pedant points……… by pointing out that real clafoutis, isn't simply made with "cherries".
    It's made specifically, with black (bitter) cherries.

8)

ocrider

And switch the port for banyuls, theres a good chap.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘How middle class can one get?’ is closed to new replies.