Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)
  • How many tv's in your house?
  • vinnyeh

We’ve always only had one, but bought a very cheap second as a stopgap while we were moving back and forth between two houses.

Is putting the second one in the bedroom going to be a bad move?

willard

Yes

Don’t do it… Bed’s are for sleeping (well, mostly for sleeping), and putting a TV there will only spoil that.

If it’s a flat screen, why not put it in your man cave?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

We have four but one hasn’t been switched on in years and won’t work now we have digital in our area anyway.

Main room, kitchen/diner (great for watching F1/footie etc whist pottering) and one in the bedroom but that is for the wife – she likes to watch tv in bed before going to sleep.

wors

One

trail_rat
    Free Member

1 tv and its not connected to an aerial.My parents bought it as a gift for us last christmas

has a DVD and an apple tv attached.

wouldnt dream of a TV in the bedroom or the kitchen – only place id consider an extra TV is the bathroom (but that`d just be wierd)for post long run/ride soaks in the bath

pjm84
    Free Member

5 🙄

derek_starship
    Free Member

sharkbait
    Free Member

Three. One in the ‘snug’ along with the stove for winter use mainly, one in the living room (weekend use) and a very old CRT in our bedroom that’s not been witched on for about 4 years – should bin it really.
    Will not allow daughters to have TVs in their rooms.

alfabus
    Free Member

(although we do have a projector for watching films and the odd thing off iplayer, so we’re not completely Amish)

Dave

crispo
    Free Member

1, but were moving house soon and im going to work on getting me a man cave so maybe another 8)

Dolcered

main telly is a carbunkle of a crt with a freeview box
    mini carbunkle for use with turbo training dvd only. no aerial to that one.

19″ flat screen on bedroom wall.

sharkbait
    Free Member

(but that`d just be wierd)for post long run/ride soaks in the bath

I find the iPad to be perfect for that.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

As Alphabus, zero. But with projector for films and Iplayer etc on laptop.

trail_rat
    Free Member

yes sharkbait it is – with the added bonus of being removable after the bath.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

3. Living room, bedroom and boys room. The wee one can play his computer for a wee while in his room if we want to watch something in the living room. Saves arguments. The bedroom TV is for early nights and sticking a film on. Doesnt get used much outside of that. Maybe a lazy sunday morning family film when the kids come in beside us.

xiphon
    Free Member

Just the one in the living room – ‘small’ 21″ flat screen – only thing plugged in is Xbox – but we watch all our media on it anyway.

DezB
    Free Member

2. 1 in Living room 2nd in extension connected to the ecksBocks.
    None upstairs.

stgeorge

sweepy
    Free Member

One portable in the living room, Im not a fan of a big screen.

carlosg
    Free Member

4 , 37″ flat screen in the room , 19″ flat screen in our bedroom and an old 15″ video/tv combi in carlosjnr mk1’s bedroom for his kiddy videos.We also have a 15″ dvd/tv combi spare that was given to him but he knocked it back so it’s sat doing nothing.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Living Room
    Office
    Kids Play Room
    Our Bedroom

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

ZERO in ‘my’ house (laptop and a lovefilm subscription for bored evenings)

3 in ‘our’ flat (but one isn’t even wired in, it’s just in the spare room for keeping nieces/nephews ammused with DVD’s when were babysitting.

TV in the bedroom is bad idea, not so bad in the monring to stick BBC news on while getting ready, but the missus will want to watch a film, and I’ll just want to sleep and that just leads to arguments.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

1 10 year old CRT we were given. I had a nice 42 inch LED one but had it fly tipped when I decided I wanted to be middle class.

Onzadog
    Free Member

One. It’s a CRT over ten years old at that. We watch the laptop more than the tv anyway.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

TV in bedroom wrong, dont’ do it. One TV in living room only not iterested in any anywhere else.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

1, but I do live in a 1 bedroom flat.

soma_rich
    Free Member

This is surprising I thought most people had bed room TVs and that all kids over 3 had one in their room. Makes me feel better about only having 1.

footflaps

None, but watch films on an iMac.

mugsys_m8

+1 as alfa bus and Blazin-Saddles.

chvck
    Free Member

0. Do have 2 laptops (one connected to a monitor) running most of the time though. If i did have a tv then I’d quite like one in a kitchen, not applicable at current as the flat is just 3 rooms and one of those is the bathroom!

njee20
    Free Member

This is surprising

+1, thought the standard answer would be “14” or sommat!

We’ve got 2; living room and bedroom. Latter used by the wife for news in the morning and catching up on crap while I go riding of a weekend.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Yes dont.

SaxonRider

What’s a TV?

RichPenny
    Free Member

0, but a 28″ monitor for films.

SaxonRider

Less flippantly, we are in the same situation as alfabus (above).

0, except that we use our iMac to watch things on iPlayer when they seem worth it, and of course to watch films.

vinnyeh

This is surprising I thought most people had bed room TVs and that all kids over 3 had one in their room. Makes me feel better about only having 1.

I was expecting more answers like that too, I’m really surprised.

alfabus
    Free Member

Don’t forget to take account of the fact that STW is not populated by ‘most people’. See any discussion about football to see that we are not all that representative of the ‘everyman’.

Dave

edit: this is a good thing, and it is probably why I spend so much time here

wrightyson
    Free Member

1 for us too and a tube one at that. Don’t want kids to have em in their rooms as theyd watch them continuously given a chance!

footflaps

I’m impressed by the number of no TV households (as a member of one myself).

boriselbrus
    Free Member

1 in the house.

But about 30,000 of the damn things at work.

This is about a quarter of them

(I work for a WEEE recycling company)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘How many tv's in your house?’ is closed to new replies.