Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • How many times have you seen the same band?
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’m going to see The Black Crowes for the fourth time in March, really looking forward to it but four times isn’t that much really for your favourite band is it? How many times have you seen the same act?

Harry_the_Spider

I must have seen The Happy Mondays, The Fall and Billy Bragg (not on the same bill) half a dozen times.

takisawa2

Fun Loving Criminals x 2.
    Editors x 3.
    Cold War Kids x 2.
    Vampire Weekend x 3.

Would love to see Thirteen Senses but fate always conspires against, likewise Glasvegas.

Pigface
    Free Member

All in all I have seen the Damned about 20 times.

DezB
    Free Member

I’m sure I saw Pop Will Eat Itself 5 times back in the day – not fave band, but they used to play in Portsmouth a lot.
    Apart from that 3 is the max – Bauhaus, Pixies (pre reunion, natch), Lo-fi Allstars, a few others, 3 times.
    Usually get bored with bands after a few years!

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’ve seen Iron Maiden 8 times. The first time was with Blaze Bayley though, so it doesn’t count!

Metallica five times, Fear Factory about five times too.

Ooh, and Testament four times, three of which were in the space of a week (first time at JBs in Dudley, then a couple of days later in Eindhoven, then the day after that at the Dynamo festival). Chuck Billy waved at me, and Steve Di Georgio stood on my glasses.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ac/dc 5 times( only paid twice)

LeeW

I’ve seen Blur 7 times, still not sure if I like them or not.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i saw primus 17 times. we followed them round the UK on 2 entire tours ages ago.

seen converge at least 10 times too.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Foo Fighters 3 times, Megadeth 2 times, Opeth 2 times (maybe 3, not sure), Porcupine Tree twice, but that’s about it. I don’t think I’m into any band enough to make special efforts to see them much more than that.

matthew_h
    Free Member

Watching Verve at Blackpool Empress Ballroom on their third comeback was the 11th time I’d seen them live.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

Christ, i spent a fair while going to every New Model Army/Red Sky Coven/Justin Sullinan gig i could afford, across Britain and Europe.

Think it must run to over 150 times i reckon.

skink2020

Iron Maiden over 15 times.

surfer
    Free Member

Used to see Echo and the Bunnymen and the Teardrop explodes regularly whilst at Uni.
    Bruce Springsteen twice, John Martyn 3 times and some local bands dozens of times but never really made a big effort to “follow” anyone just bought tickets and went

twohats
    Free Member

Seen Clutch 10+ times.

binners

God knows how many times I’ve seen Doves. I managed 6 times in a year! I’ve seen the Mondays loads of times too. Though that’s a lot more of a hit and miss affair!

passtherizla
    Free Member

must’ve seen pendulum (not through choice) 30 or 40 times… they’re shit.

Seen loads of bands a lot of times I used to get to 3 gigs a week in my youth.

tymbian
    Free Member

Rammstein 4 or 5 times.

tang
    Free Member

Seen The Cure 5 or 6 times. Ozrics/gong a fare few!

vickypea
    Free Member

U2 3 times
    Going to see The Union for 3rd time soon
    Big Country twice
    George Dalaras 3 times

nicko74

The Shins 3x
    Flaming Lips 3x? 4x perhaps
    REM twice
    Oasis 3x
    Pixies twice (post reunion, sounding pretty tight)

You do definitely get different gigs – the Pixies I saw at a festival in Barcelona, and then at Brixton Academy. Different vibe, but both times great.

tartanscarf

Seen The Stone Roses 8 times now, will be 9 in the summer. Must have seen Spiritualized more than that though – certainly 10+. Rodrigo y Gabriela 3 times would be the next closest I think.

TS

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

JLS – 27 times.

postierich
    Free Member

James around 7 times soon be 8
    echo and the bunnymen(electroficition) 4 soon be 5 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

In my teens I saw blur over a dozen times. I was an obsessive fan. I could never be that fanatical about any band now thank goodness.

RustySpanner

John Cooper Clark was the support at the International almost every week – always good value.

Here & Now so many times at gigs & free festivals, well over a dozen.
    Best live band I’ve seen.

About a dozen Hawkwind gigs, probably only about four or five good ones.

Half Man Half Biscuit about half a dozen times – not a bad gig yet.
    The Beta Band about the same. God I miss them.

Big Audio Dynamite four or five times, Manics about the same.

tartanscarf

Not really a gig but I saw Slam (DJ’s) at the Arches pretty much every Friday night for a good few years. I think 🙂

TS

sharkattack

Queens of the Stone Age 5 times. Good spread of material and band members too since I first saw them in 99 and they evolve constantly.

Seen the Futureheads at least 10 times when they were local band

tartanscarf

Forgot about QOTSA! 4 times for me, top band live except for the Era Vulgaris tour.

jamj1974

Mrs Toast – Member
    I’ve seen Iron Maiden 8 times. The first time was with Blaze Bayley though, so it doesn’t count!

Mrs Toast. Blaze Bayley and I have a mutual friend – I have been mountain biking with him several times… Admittedly several years ago.

jaylaz73

I’ve seen Bob Dylan 48 times now, first time was when I was still at school and my Dad promised me a day off to travel down from Middlesbrough to London in 1989, changed my life that night! Last time was in Glasgow in 2011.

CountZero

Not sure of the exact numbers now, but I saw Elvis Costello around five times, Elbow six times, the Indigo Girls seven or eight times, Nanci Griffith seven or eight times, and loads of bands and artists two, three or four times, like Paper Aeroplanes, Eddie Reader, Metallica, Curve, Yes, Thin Lizzy, Shawn Colvin, Doves, Metric, Stars, Maria McKee, Arcade Fire…
    Forty plus years of gig going gives plenty of opportunity for seeing artists you like multiple times; cash and touring schedules permitting, of course.
    Sadly, ticket prices forbid me going to as many gigs as I once did; I wanted to see ZZTop this summer, but £45/ticket, plus fees… 😯
    One year, back in the 90’s, I did 39 gigs, quite a few in London. Couldn’t entertain that now.

jamj1974

The Verve – 4 times (OP – once supporting The Black Crowes in 1992!)
    U2 – 6 times
    The Charlatans – many, many times. Probably significantly over 20
    The Black Keys – 6 times
    The Beta Band – 3 times
    Elbow – 7 times
    Ian Brown – 7 times
    Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – 5 time
    Suede – 3 times
    Blur – 3 times
    Kula Shaker – 8 times
    Shed Seven – 3 times
    Primal Scream – 7 times

Carter usm ….

A poor three times

sc-xc

Christ, i spent a fair while going to every New Model Army/Red Sky Coven/Justin Sullinan gig i could afford, across Britain and Europe.

Think it must run to over 150 times i reckon.

Probably only about 100 for me…

Next would be Levs – maybe 30? times

Then Poppies/senser/rdf/chumbawamba/bttp etc

Tom-B
    Free Member

I’ve seen Metallica and Slipknot multiple times….seen Jools Holland a few times too. I’m a musician and spend a fair amount of time at gigs-I’ve probably seen 3 or 4 different mates bands 10+ over the years. I think that my wife has seen Rammstein more times than she’s seen me play!!! 😯

tang
    Free Member

Jaylaz FTW! Any duff ones in those 48?

Cletus

Nick Cave and (sometimes) the Bad Seeds five times

Agree that gigs are pricey nowadays. When I were a lad the cost of gigs was similar or less than albums. This has changed massively now.

jaylaz73

I’m a big Dylan fan of course and probably a little clouded in my judgement but I have enjoyed all the Dylan gigs I have been to, they have often been very different performances too. Gigs that standout would be Manchester and Cardiff 2000 and Edinburgh playhouse in 2009 I think. Newcastle Arena shows have been the worst due to the shocking acoustics.

Northwind

No idea how many times I’ve seen Biffy Clyro. Many many. 3 nights in a row, more than once. From support slots at King Tuts to Wembley stadium, not too shabby 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘How many times have you seen the same band?’ is closed to new replies.