• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by LHS.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • How many times has the grass been greener on the other side?
  • Hohum
    Free Member

I have had a few beers and I am in one of those reminiscent moods.

I have been thinking about those times when I have been reasonably happy, but yearned for more.

Stupidly, with the benefit of hind sight, I made a change and things actually ended up worse, doh!

I don’t think the grass is greener on the other side IMO.

Was the grass greener for you?

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Always is…….

supertramp
    Free Member

Not sure if it was, but I’d still give it another go if the opportunity arose – never say never!

samuri
    Free Member

Nah, I always made the right decision. 😉

I didn’t really but I’ve never, ever been in a grass is greener situation myself. I make my own destiny. I could easily have made a lot more money, I could have been ruthless and earned a fortune doing something I hated. I could have lied to women so they found me attractive, shagged them and told them to do one. I could have had fast cars and groupies, I could have cornered the market.

I’ve never looked at something and thought it was too hard to do, I’ve only ever looked at something and thought it was the wrong thing to do.

I hate a lot of the things that could have made me ‘succesful’ but in reality they really wouldn;t have done that, they’d just have made me hate….myself.

It’s a pity and an irony that I do hate myself despite following the right line.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The grass was greener in Ireland.

tadpole
    Free Member

nah its just more grass!

djglover
    Free Member

No, I made a work move to a growth area for more money. In theory the work should be interesting and cutting edge for the industry. The reality is I hate my job now. Still very glad to be in gainful employment in these times, but rarely a day goes by without me wanting to pop either my own or someone elses testicles into a vice.

Got a job interview on Monday…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, I was back there last weekend and I can report that it’s definitely greener. 8)

oldnpastit

Ultimately it all comes down to sex, death, loss and regret. So yes, lots. Get over it.

supertramp
    Free Member

I spend a lot of time mowing other peoples lawns, this thread has a whole different meaning or me 😕

Hohum
    Free Member

Ha, ha!

Your responses have made me laugh, thank you.

deadlydarcy – Member
    The grass was greener in Ireland.

It’s also very green up here in Scotland as well!

supertramp – Member
    I spend a lot of time mowing other peoples lawns, this thread has a whole different meaning or me

Apparently my grass has red thread disease at the moment, but it should clear within the next 2 weeks :eeek:

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

No, that’s moss in Scotland Ho Hum.

Anyway, what’s happened to make the once green grass brown?

PJM1974
    Free Member

*peeps over neighbours’ fence*

Nah…it’s patchy and covered in dogsh1t.

Hohum
    Free Member

deadlydarcy – Member
    No, that’s moss in Scotland Ho Hum.

Anyway, what’s happened to make the once green grass brown?

Thanks for asking, but the thankfully the grass hasn’t gone brown to be honest. It’s not as vibrant a green as it once was, but certainly a lot greener than 2008…

I was just thinking about things in general to be honest and maybe feeling a bit sorry for myself 😳

supertramp
    Free Member

I have quite a lot of grass (about 6 acres) and I have noticed how over all it is green but some patches are a bit brown, while others are thick and lush – a bit like life really! 😉

tazzymtb

you have grass? you lucky, lucky bugger!

In my tunnel the only light at the end is the rapidly approaching 10:15 from London

colournoise

Grass isn’t green. It just absorbs all other wavelengths of visible light.

What you have is what you have and is therefore the best you have right now.

Which is cool with me.

slainte ➡ rob

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Hasn’t ColourNoise got a noisy colour post!

I think more important than the greenness of the grass is whether it is mowed and neat before posting a picture of your bike on your lawn

456lover
    Free Member

most definately yes it is greener.
    whether to expiscate a way over the fence or not is a different question.

yossarian
    Free Member

If the grass is greener on the other side of the fence then get rid of the fence.

Solo
    Free Member

How many times has the grass been greener on the other side?

Oh. loads of times. so many infact, that I just don’t bother going near and looking over the fence anymore.

😉

LHS
    Free Member

Grass is never greener, its just a different shade of brown.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘How many times has the grass been greener on the other side?’ is closed to new replies.