Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • How many people applied for Trans savoie ?
  • pymwymis
    Free Member

1 here.

kimbers

Didn’t get mine done in time , at least 3 of my mates did tho

pymwymis
    Free Member

Kimbers, that is remiss !!

The form only took about 30 seconds to fill in. I was abroad w/o access to the necessary email/excel/interweb bits so my next door neighbour filled it in for me, with info I supplied.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Just me then. Maybe I’ve got a chance of getting in.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

got mine in – might need to train a bit if I get a number 🙂

limkilde
    Free Member

Me too

kimbers

pymwymis – Member
    Kimbers, that is remiss !!

The form only took about 30 seconds to fill in. I was abroad w/o access to the necessary email/excel/interweb bits so my next door neighbour filled it in for me, with info I supplied.

the time was spent convincing my wife that I needed another trip away on the bike

mactheknife

Yep, mine is in. Fingers crossed 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

(double post)

jambalaya
    Free Member

@kimbers. It’s better to ask for forgiveness than permission. Apply first, deal with fallout if you get a place.

PS I am in middle of divorce, so perhaps not best source of such advice.
    With my knee injury 2014 was too early, would like to do this in 2015 if I can get in

mactheknife

Still waiting for an answer to find out if i have a place. 🙁

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Just got my ‘Dear Johnny’ letter.

“It’s not you, it’s random selection”

*blubs*

messiah
    Free Member

Woohoo!

I’m in :mrgreen:

Yetiman
    Free Member

Nice one messiah – congrats. Now that must be an excuse for a new bike 😀

mactheknife

No one wants me 🙂 Bugger it i just applied for the Trans-Provence as well. See how that one pans out. 🙁

pymwymis
    Free Member

Missed it aswell. Arse !

Messiah nice one….best get training (though looking at it only about half as much climbing as TP)

jambalaya
    Free Member

@messiah – congrats, didn’t you do it this year too ?

charliemort

I applied but didn’t get in

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I’m in.

Rapidly running out of holiday for next year…

messiah
    Free Member

jambalaya @messiah – congrats, didn’t you do it this year too ?

Yes, I was lucky enough enough to get in last year too 😀 .

It was a hard event so training is important… but it was so much fun that I’m very happy to be given the opportunity to do it all again.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Good for you. We demand another de-brief !

pymwymis
    Free Member

Messiah, were you by any chance a serial Trail Addiction customer already ?

Yes I know I sound cynical !

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes I know I sound cynical !

Why’s that cynical ? Surely if you’ve been a regular customer and have enjoyed yourself that would make it more likely you’d want to try this event. isn’t that what customer service and building customer loyalty is about ? I’ve been on a TA holiday and it was great, that makes it more likely I’d want to try another offering from them including this.

pymwymis
    Free Member

jamabalaya, I’m just feeling mean as I didn’t get in. As a result my nasty alter ego just wondered how random the random selection thing was.

Fwiw, I don’t particularly like that I thought this way, just being frank. (and miserable as I look out at the persistent rain and cold)

kimbers

fwiw 2 of my mates got places, theyve never been on a TA holiday, im miserable too about not getting my application in, but on the plus side im really not sure I couldve afforded it!

jambalaya
    Free Member

@kimbers, I posted up last year I wondered how it would sell at £1,000 and I guess we know now. I’d like to do this but need to get stronger and much fitter and then get lucky enough to get a place. I will be interested to see the guided holiday version if they do make it available.

messiah
    Free Member

@pymwymis – I was not a TA customer before last years TS. I missed the first cut last year and was on the back-up list until a place became available.

I don’t think entry for events like the TS and TP could ever be truly random as they ask questions about experience which need to be taken into account for event safety… so there must be some kind of ranking prior to random from a hat type choosing. As for me getting in again perhaps the organisers of a young event like the TS ranked last years veterans higher as a reward for supporting the event and helping make it the success it was in its first year?

Perhaps I should keep quiet and look away from the gift horse’s mouth.

dexter
    Free Member

Well done dude, I tried and failed this time which is a massive disappointment as I was truly hoping for another crack! So as a veteran my self im a bit vexed, but hey ho I don’t won’t steal your thunder. Im hoping there may be a reserve list eventually.

pymwymis
    Free Member

Yeah well done messiah (I’m reconciled now) Just go and nail it !

@jambalaya, the rejection letter did mention the “holiday” version and the link gives an itinerary so I’m pretty sure it’s going to be a “goer”. That did mention that as an applicant for the race you would get preferential treatment for the holiday.

I know what you mean by the fitter / stronger thing – this trip was due to be my motivation / salvation. For some reason it’s more urgent than just going as a holiday – I think the competitive element was what I was hoping would get me off my lazy arse . 😀

freeridenick
    Free Member

The holiday version is there

http://www.trailaddiction.com/TransSavoie.php

limkilde
    Free Member

I’m in too the best mail I have ever recieved

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How many people applied for Trans savoie ?’ is closed to new replies.