Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • How many of you Do love a drink?
  • StefMcDef
    Free Member

I don’t mind a good sesh but I don’t have any mates who live locally to go out drinking with. My mountain bike acquaintances are quite an abstemious bunch. Very rarely go to the pub.

Really going off drinking in the house on my jack or with the missus as well. Having initially been put off drink by the increasing severity of hangovers as you get older, I now find myself falling completely out of love with the actual sensation of being drunk. Makes me feel morose, depressed and argumentative. Don’t think it does my mental health any favours.

Have started drinking 0% alcohol wheat beer as a way of scratching the drinky itch without actually scratching it, trying to just have a couple of proper beers once a week.

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – which one?

I like the taste of beer and find it very satisfying but I don’t like getting drunk – on anything. FWIW, I don’t really like drunks at all. It’s amazing how much crap talk and behaviour some folk will come out with when pished.

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Erdinger is pretty good, but I object to paying £1.49 a bottle for 500ml of what is essentially a soft drink. The current tipple of choice is Bavaria – £1.99 for 6 330ml bottles in Morrison’s at the moment. I’ve been buying it in industrial quantities in case it goes back up in price.

For some reason wheat beer survives the de-alcoholification process far better than lagers do, with its taste not that different from normal wheat beer. Low alcohol lagers, on the other hand, are all, without exception, vile.

dantsw13

Oh, and our regular Tuesday rides always finish in the pub with a couple of jars of Harvey’s!! Sunday rides finish in the coffee shop for a Latte and Eccles cake – dead posh, our village!!

druidh
    Free Member

Thank you for that. A trip to Morrisons it is then!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘How many of you Do love a drink?’ is closed to new replies.