Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)
  • How many non smokers on here ? (Bear with it positive vibes at the end )
  • Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I've never tried smoking (35yo tomorow) but I do spend my working hours helping people quit. I can say absolutely that it's the most satisfying job I've ever had.

I've never had a patient who regrets giving up.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ho hum, I'm generally with RichPenny on this one. Ex-smoker myself, but thankfully saw the light, have been through around that average of a half a dozen or so times of trying to give up with different methods…always felt a bit crap when I failed. Apparently I'm just a stupid fool am I?

Yeah, it's a stupid addiction and no-one only the tobacco industry and the advertising agencies that they pay benefits. I suppose the taxman makes a fair amount from smokers too – hence there will never be a concerted effort to stamp it out completely.

Some day, I'll be able to take it or leave it. For now, if I go back to smoking the "odd one" here or there, it would quickly turn back into more than the odd one. I tried a wee cigar the other week and it awoke a few demons within. Thankfully, by the next day, I'd put them back in their boxes and hope they won't be coming out to tap on my shoulder. But one day, I'll be able to enjoy the odd cancer stick every once in a blue moon like Foxy does – and I hope it gets some of the STW puritans into a foaming rage when I do.

As ever, threads like this just turn into a competition to see who can occupy the highest moral ground – just as well those on the higher ground aren't smokers – there can't be a great deal of oxygen up there.

Meanwhile, from the gutter here, I'll just quietly encourage anyone I know who smokes that it's possible to give up but you have to do it for yourself only (or an unborn child in the case of an expectant mother or father). But I refuse to look "down" on people who smoke. I reserve my looking "down" for people who really are horrible and mean.

hockropper

You should read sugar blues its a real eye-opener

seizednuts
    Free Member

I can sympathyise(?) Deadlydarcy all you got to remember is once an addict always an addict. Its just a matter to keep the beast caged.

Im an ex smoker and i saw the light, unfortunatly not before I got a bad monkey on my back. Been clean for over ten years now, still get urges though. Riding is great and I wish I found it first.

Viewing 4 posts - 81 through 84 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘How many non smokers on here ? (Bear with it positive vibes at the end )’ is closed to new replies.