Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • how many gnat/midge bites have you got so far?
  • nickc

buggers got me yesterday in the yard, two on my right hand, one my left forearm…scratch scratch scratch…

😆

stwhannah

got got on monday. legs swollen and lumpy, five huge swellings. argh…. I’m sure I never used to react to them. Are they getting more powerful or am I getting weaker?

Yak

It’s bloody freezing down south – no sign of any biting gnatmidgemozzies.

nickc

stwhananh, a cetrazine a day helps keep the histamine at bay!! Even if you don’t get hayfever; midge stings, nettle stings, they still get you but the swelling’s not as bad.

fergal
    Free Member

You are talking pish just had a couple of glorious days in the very far north, no sign of le midge.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Haven’t met any flying bastards yet, but my legs are slashed by bits of tree, bush and bramble – it’s one of those good pains like candle wax on your bits.

I can’t remember the day, but it was only 10-14 days ago when suddenly everything in the woods turned from brown to green, over night.

I just wish that Jan and Feb would have passed as quickly as Mar and Apr did.

scotroutes

Midges in Morvern. And Ticks. #smidgeup

fergal
    Free Member

Where did you find midgies in Morven? just done the tour of Beinn fhada, not one of the blighters.

PS. the UK’s crapiest descent was most excellent.

velocipede
    Free Member

Got done big time in Delamere a couple of nights ago…..stopping to fix a puncture didn’t help…..!

scotroutes

Morvern! The one near Ardgour 🙂

fergal
    Free Member

Ooops Morvich

Xylene
    Free Member

None, but that is how I ended up with dengue fever not noticing the bites.

Our cat though, has just plucked out of the air, a large flying beetle with giant mandible things which latched onto her face. Very entertaining, and hopefully no vets bills.

medlow
    Free Member

A few years back.
    At the bottom carpark at one of the Affan forest trails. ‘The wall’ I think. South Wales.

There is a pond / pool next to the car park.. We dipped our bikes in there late one evening to get them clean. Within 30secs we were running for the van as swarms of biting bugs appeared in need of a feast…

It was flipping horrible and we were all biten to bits.. nasty feckers.

piemonster

Midges in Morvern. And Ticks. #smidgeup

Plus 1

Well, plus 9 ticks or thereabouts. No biters yet. Little ****.

Xylene
    Free Member

And a **** off leech between my toes during the holidays

ulysse
    Free Member

Did Gisburn on the bike, arms and legs eaten alive. Did Gisburn Gruffalo trail, no lid on and head got eaten alive. Did Lee Quarry yesterday, and found all the bites were in helmet strap areas… 😯

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘how many gnat/midge bites have you got so far?’ is closed to new replies.