Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • How many folk have winter bikes?
  • mikewsmith
    Free Member

never bothered, flip between the hard tail and full sus all the time (Though the HT has just been canablised for a couple of parts) They all have moving parts, some are more fun to ride that others.

FWIW I choose not to plough through bogs and knee deep mud as it’s not really fun and head to the rocky or better maintained/weather proof trails instead.

pipnet1
    Free Member

I’m another ‘sort of’

The rigid Charge Duster (with a bent/twisted frame) that I commute on is kind of my winter bike too. It falls into the ‘bodge it when it breaks’ camp instead of the ‘keep it running nicely’ camp which the 456/Gimp/Macinato fall into.

Paceman
    Free Member

I have a winter bike… it’s British, steel and fully rigid… great fun and sorts out my bike skills ready for ripping up the dry summer trails. Sometimes it feels absolutely ‘right’ if you know what I mean 😀

bigyinn
    Free Member

I tend to pick the fully rigid geared marin when its gopping. Mainly for bike sympathy as I like to keep the full sus well looked after and they’re expensive to maintain!

wingnuts

Fixed steel road bike, geared titanium road bike, single speed steel hard tail Kona for the snow. Sheds getting crowded with everything else.

jezandu
    Free Member

One bike, one gear. It’s all I ever need.

bigyinn
    Free Member

No ambition.

mrplow
    Free Member

I have ended up with an 06 enduro as my winter bike and a 2012 enduro as my summer bike…keeps me happy :mrgreen:

5thElefant
    Free Member

I have a spare bike which I use more in the winter. Similar to the main bike but with cheaper (and heavier) bits. Both full suspension, same length cranks and near identical riding positions.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Winter bike? Er, yes, I suppose so……

Road – Alu C’dale Synapse with mudguards.

Every eventuality bike – 1998 Marin Pine Mountain with Exotic carbon forks. Was a god send in the snow.

tomhoward

My road bike is about to become my winter road bike. On account of a summer road bike arriving soon 😀

bartimaeus
    Free Member

I have a GT Avalanche which I got last February as a ‘winter bike’ to save the wear and tear on my FS bearings… but as it has been like winter most of the last year I’ve done much more riding on it than I expected.

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘How many folk have winter bikes?’ is closed to new replies.