Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • How many Camelbaks have you got?
  • Reluctant
    Free Member

Inspired by the "how many helmets" thread…….
    How many Camels or backpacks do you got?
    I'll start with 2 – a Mule for most things and a Cloudwalker for more walky stuff and days trips without the bike.
    I could develop a Camel fettish at any time though and end up like the Missus is with her shoes and handbags! 😆

bigyinn
    Free Member

Got 3! An old mule, a hawg and a havoc. Although the havoc isn't used as the hawg replaced it.

Tracker1972
    Free Member

3 ish, or 1. An old Deuter rucksack that I bought a Decathlon bladder for (no cash), My wifes small pack that I borrowed almost permenantly (way to small for anything useful) and a new Dakine drafter that was £20 off and is now my main (only really) pack.

stratobiker
    Free Member

I don't have any….

I still like to use a bottle and cage. I had a Camelbak once (1994), but hated it. It was one of the early ones. I hated the way it made my back sweat. I hated the way it rode up and started hitting my helmet on descents. I didn’t like the look of it, and I thought it was uncool. Not to mention all that faffing about keeping it clean.

My brother (Wal) was asking me why I don’t use one. I was joking, but my first two reasons were… what if I needed something to throw at someone? I’d have no bottle, and what if someone was trying to get hold of me? They’d have those straps and things to hold onto making them very difficult to get rid of. While Wal was mildly amused, he thought it said quite a lot about the kind of confrontational person that I am. I disagreed.

SB 😉

rolfharris
    Free Member

A Dakine Session little one for most of the time- holds bear neccesities and a jacket

A Dakine Heli for the alps/big days in the mountains with knee pads/long winter rides

A Vaude 20 liter one with a raised back for touring over several days/weeks.

oddjob
    Free Member

I have 2, a MULE for biking that I don't use and a winter one for skiing that I use when I am skiing (sometimes) so it will be a while before that is worn out…

vd

5 – all Mules. Bought as a job lot for the family who never get/got around to using them.

daveb
    Free Member

2 – a Mule and a Havoc. Bought the Havoc to replace the Mule but never got round to doing anything with the Mule, its been in my garage for a couple of years now

DezB
    Free Member

3 in various sizes. Mule, Rogue and a little one (Hydrobak maybe) which is used snowboarding mainly.

Philby

2 – a Blowfish for most duties and a small cheap Tesco one for quick blasts.

cynic-al
    Free Member

4 – Old blackburn water only, 8L deuter, 12L ergon and 15L Deuter.

Am still searching for perfect pack…currently loking for a tiny one!

soobalias
    Free Member

ickle – high sierra gator
    middle – hydrapack big sur
    large – camelbak hawg

the hawg is currently out on loan, tempted to flog it and get a new one.

DWH
    Free Member

None.

They make me too hot and I can fit everything I need in my jersey pockets.

user-removed
    Free Member

Two – Deuter Bike 1 and a Mule for shoreter, non-camera rides. Both share the Camelbak 3L bladder. Bought the Deuter when I realised there was now ay I was ever going to be able to take my DSLR with me using the Mule….

scaredypants

tiny one that came free with an order of something else
    aldi one, medium size
    biggish hydrapak

corroded
    Free Member

At least four: a Mule, a neon green Arcteryx for the city and two medium-sized Deuters. The Deuters are by far the best. Great packs.

Shack
    Free Member

None, use a Dakine Nomad as trail pack but ditched the water bladder. Cant stand the things, give me a bottle and cage any day.

RealMan
    Free Member

3. Mule for normal days, another one (forgot the name) that holds a 3L bladder but not much stuff, for like long races and such, and my mini one which holds 1L and an energy bar if you're desperate.

ononeorange

Monster Camelbak for me (HAWG?) plus a little tiny one for short rides, elderly Blowfish which has really died and Mrs has one but I can't remember the name.

emac65
    Free Member

4 – Mule,Classic,Hydrobak & some Hydrapack one.My lads use them but I Hardly ever do………..

Teetosugars
    Free Member

3, well, 1 camelback- just a 3lt CAmelback Classic, But 2 osprey Packs, 1 20lt for all day winter rides, and 1 11lt one faor all day summer rides..

kiwijohn

An original camelback, bought after bonking big time with 1 bottle in 94. Used inside a couple of packs
    Deuter Race X Air with a 2L camelback bladder in 01
    1.5L Mountain Designs thing that's just too small.
    Camelback Lobo 3L in 96
    This year I got a MacPac Kahu 18 with a 3L Camelback bladder. More room than the Lobo for a big day out, everything has a spot inside, nothing to get snagged on the outside, waterproof. My perfect combo.

kona_uk
    Free Member

4 –

1 x mule
    1 x hawg
    1 x rogue
    1 x very old classic

handyman
    Free Member

5 in total

small dakine with mag subs
    lobo for summer long rides
    TNF same size as hawg with mesh back winter rides so i can take a spare jackets etc
    Old hawg
    Roadie camel back b'day present

Vortexracing

1 x Tesco
    1 x classic
    1 x mule
    1 x Hawg
    1 x Havoc

GaryLake
    Free Member

2 – a Havoc for most riding and a military Motherlode for photography and when I want to ride straight from work.

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

1 Lobo. But I will be buying a MULE for big rides in the Peaks/Lakes.

daim

1 Kriega Hydro 3
    1 Dakine Apex
    1 Lidl unbranded el-cheapo special.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Have a Platypus 2 L with storage for al I need trail side.
    Has an integral red light I like for when I night ride as bright enough for Off road use without blinding the bugger behind you.
    Bigger Ricksack forget make for all mountain winter rides

Inbred456
    Free Member

I have a brand new mule, never used it. Use an old gelert with a 1.5L bladder and a large bottle on the bike. The gelert just sits really nicely, the mule moves about and whacks me on the head going down hill.

DannyLeigh
    Free Member

Is it not normal to have just the one? 😕

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘How many Camelbaks have you got?’ is closed to new replies.