Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • How many bikes/frames have you bought from your LBS?
  • milky1980
    Free Member

Of the bikes I’ve bought myself nearly all have been from my LBS! In chronological order:

2x Carrera Krakens – the local Halfords I worked in!
    Apollo hybrid thing for commuting (same as above).
    Specialized FSR XC Expert from Don Skene.
    Boradman Hybrid Comp was from a Halfords in Bristol (not local).
    Orange 5, Trek Fuel EX and a GT hybrid all from Sunset.

50/50 whether the next one comes from the LBS though, depends what type of bike I buy next!

gonzy
    Free Member

in the 20 years i’ve been shopping with my LBS ive bought 2 complete bikes and 6 frames from them.
    all the rest of my parts have come from there as have the majority of my riding kit and tools etc.
    i tend not to buy from them as much nowadays though as its cheaper to buy online. they still carry out all my major services, repairs etc though

franki
    Free Member

All my bikes have been bought from shops that are fairly local, but I haven’t really settled on one “LBS”.

The last few bikes I’ve bought have been from Swinnertons at Cannock Chase, Two Wheels Stourbridge and one ordered online, but collected from and set up by Evans Birmingham.

I’d always rather buy a bike or frame from a shop so there’s an easy point of contact in case of any worries.

bigwill
    Free Member

4 out of 5 complete bikes or frames, only one bike bought from a bike shop out the area. I dont use the same shop every time but they are all within 15 miles or so. I dont tend to by components from LBS as im not so bothered about looking at and checking out a 10 speed cassette as much as a new frame before I buy, and online is usually a lot cheap for some but not all components.

scaredypants

1 – direct from local manufacturer
    (changed area)
    2 – LBS
    3 – second-hand
    (changed area)
    4 – LBS (surly & unhelpful, wish I’d mail-ordered … and so I now do)
    5 – second-hand (frame)
    6 – mail order
    7 – mail order (frame)
    8 – second-hand (frame)
    9 – mail order (frame)
    10 – mail order (frame)
    11 – mail order (frame)

That’s about me done as far as I can remember

There are other LBSs but the first one pissed me off and I’m now fairly self-sufficient and so don’t really need a LBS any more – and haven’t really found an obviously great one local to me. I don’t really have time for demo days, shop rides etc so not quite sure what they could offer me anyway

I’m beginnning to think about a new FS MTB though. Might see who does what

brennak

Got my 26″ Cotic Rocket frame through Blazing Saddles as a special order and was most surprised when they still gave the 5% discount probably the reason why the are one of three in LBS section of the current Singletrack awards and why I still use them.

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)

The topic ‘How many bikes/frames have you bought from your LBS?’ is closed to new replies.