Viewing 15 posts - 681 through 695 (of 695 total)
  • How Many Armies does the Queen have?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

I reckon, no.

ninfan
    Free Member

I reckon they’ll be utterley mundane!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

We must return to 18th century architecture/drink water to cure cancer/plants are people too/genetic science is evil etc etc etc etc…

Etc.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Edit: repeat.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Well, here they are

Only read the 1st one so far, but it seems the Queen’s Armies may be a family business…

may even go some way to answering this:

b) Does this mean that Tony Blair isn’t the only one to blame for the Iraq War?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Blah blah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blahblah blah blah

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Good display of intellect there Woppit…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

ninfan
    Free Member

Go on then JHJ, what do you reckon

I’ve sat and read a few of them now, and I can only say that my respect for the bloke has gone up

I don’t know if you were expecting to find him demanding this and that, but everything I have read so far has been humble and very well intentioned.

CountZero

Cougar – Moderator
    There are certainly elements of the bakery industry who have done both of the above.
    Should be easy to track down, just look for kids with a yeast infection.

CountZero

jivehoneyjive – Member
    Good display of intellect there Woppit…

About as good as yours, JHJ.

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

MrWoppit
    Free Member

He means you.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Well I never…

Revealed: Prince Charles has received confidential cabinet papers for decades

The heir to the throne, who has previously been criticised for “meddling” in politics, is sent all cabinet memoranda, alongside the Queen and ministers in charge of departments, including secret proposals for new legislation and other discussion documents that have only been released to the public after 30 years.

The Cabinet Office fought for three years to block the release of the document, which reveals how Charles is on the “standard circulation” list for cabinet memoranda.

“The documents of the cabinet and ministerial committees are issued primarily to the sovereign, the Prince of Wales, and ministers … The need for secrecy calls for special care in circulation and handling.”

It adds: “The standard circulation for cabinet memoranda includes the Queen, the Prince of Wales, all members of the cabinet, any other ministers in charge of departments, the attorney general and the chief whip … Ministers of state and junior minister do not normally receive memoranda.”

“The disclosure of cabinet papers to Prince Charles is quite extraordinary,” said Graham Smith, Republic’s chief executive. “Not only because they would contain highly classified information, but because it gives him considerable advantage in pressing his own agenda when lobbying ministers. He is essentially a minister not attending cabinet. He gets the paperwork and has private meetings with ministers about policy.”

A senior MP called for a parliamentary inquiry into the arrangement, which he said made Charles Britain’s “best informed lobbyist”. It also prompted speculation that the prince uses the flow of information to help him intervene with ministers on new policy proposals before parliament or the public are aware of their existence.

What would you expect in a democracy where the Cabinet is the executive committee of Her Majesty’s Privy Council?

How much input does the Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces have on Foreign Policy?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I suppose if you have the worlds largest network of offshore tax havens, you need plenty of armies to protect your investments…

Of course, the offshoot is you also have plenty of arms dealing ventures for offshore investors to make a pretty penny on.

So where does the 5 Eyes surveillance network fit into all of this?

Viewing 15 posts - 681 through 695 (of 695 total)

The topic ‘How Many Armies does the Queen have?’ is closed to new replies.