Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How long to Hebden Br / Tod from Sheffield?
  • AndyPaice
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind a ride in this area following all the mentions on here recently. Where is good, and roughly how long to get there from Sheffield?

M62 or Snake Pass good to access there?

Wouldlike some nice interesting trails, similar to the riding around ladybower/Hope/Edale if possible. I take it there is some of that kind of riding around there?#

Any advice much appreciated

brant
    Free Member

About 90mins on an average sort of day. Either M62, or for a fun drive, head out on the A57, over Strines Moor, then kind of Holmfirth, Huddersfield, that way.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Ta, sounds doable for a day ride. and that Strines road is fun isn’t it 🙂

thepodge
    Free Member

when i go back to my dad’s i always go via Holmfirth, i always get lost in Huddersfield coming back

going out over strines is a bit out and back, i prefer the A61/629 more direct but still good fun. mind the speed cameras coming into Huddersfield

brant
    Free Member

Sheff is big so I guess it depends what area you’re going to. A57/Strines works for me as Dave lives near Hunters Bar, and it’s straight out from there. I wouldn’t go to Wharncliffe that way 😉

thepodge
    Free Member

true, true, I’m just on the north side of Hillsborough so i’m already on that side of the city to start with.

I have to direct 3 cars worth of mates over to Tod in a couple of weeks wi out satnav, should be interesting as they are coming from all over the city and I keep forgetting that cars cant filter, ah they joys of motorbikes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How long to Hebden Br / Tod from Sheffield?’ is closed to new replies.