Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How long to get back riding after pneumonia?
  • wanmankylung
    Free Member

Not a particularly serious dose, but enough to have me in hospital for a couple of days. What do you reckon? As soon as I stop coughing up lumps of greeny/brown shit and feel like I am no longer breathing through a straw?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Give it longer than you think, for your own sake please don’t go out too soon. Like a mug I started running again about a week after I got out of hospital. It resulted in me passing out at Uni with a collapsed lung and I was out of action for a few months because of it.
    I totally underestimated pneumonia. Just because you’re not ill enough to be in hospital doesn’t mean you’re well enough to exercise.

bigblackshed

The Wife had pneumonia a 3 years ago. Not hospitalised, but very close. It took her a few months to get over it. Every little cold or sniffle she had over the next couple of years went straight to her chest.

Does take some time. It depends on how fit you are or were before.

KonaTC

I picked up a serious lung infection/ bronchitis winter 11, loads of antibiotics, I was back riding Mar 12. Result – No

Jun 12 I felt a bit under the weather breathing was laboured/wheezy, back to the doctors, it turns out I had fluid on both lungs and was in a poorly way. Antibiotics a plenty, CAT scan, MRI Scan, bronchoscopy (camera down lungs), lung wash, more antibiotics and a year later back on the mend.

I have a work colleague, active out doors type, who after 15 months is still recovering from pneumonia.

And the moral of this story, respiratory aliments take a long time to clear up, no make that a very long time to clear up

Get your self an appointment with your asthma nurse, a peak flow meter and take it from there.

Best of luck with your recovery

breatheeasy
    Free Member

I have a work colleague, active out doors type, who after 15 months is still recovering from pneumonia.

Took me over a year to get back to what I’d say was a comparable level of fitness/health.

Always remember my doctors comment – “Well, if you’d have been 70 you’d probably have died from it”. Not sure if he was trying to cheer me up or not!

martinhutch

I felt like death warmed up for about three months, with very little energy. So don’t try to rush it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How long to get back riding after pneumonia?’ is closed to new replies.