Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • how long is it reasonable to wait for good off the classifieds?
  • alpin
    Free Member

not this forum mind.

waiting on a stem/bar combo and an adapter from a different seller.

sent the money last monday and am still waiting. i transfered the money straight into their account, so 1-2 days for money transfer and then 2-3 days post?

should i start getting shirty?

JxL
    Free Member

You should use paypal so you are protected, not much you can do about bank transfers unless maybe if used a credit card.

thomthumb
    Free Member

sometimes things go wrong – a friendly email asking whether it’s been sent is approprate not “getting shirty” imo

alpin
    Free Member

um. not the response i was after.

seems to be the norm here in germany to send money via bank transfer after a ruling that it should be free to do so.

i’ve got their name and bank details if it does transpire that they are pulling a fast-one.

alpin
    Free Member

not shirty as such, just “i’m waiting for X to finish the bike, where is it”. with a few exclamation marks thrown in. germans like exclamation marks.(!)

uplink
    Free Member

IME – direct bank transfers [unless from the same bank] take 4 – 6 days

Never have seen one of the instant transfers they were taking about

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I bought something off the classifieds here and it took 2 1/2 weeks to arrive.

If its big or bulky, its not that easy to get stuff posted in 2-3 days.

Too many people seem to expect CRC levels of service for 2nd hand goods. I’ve had emails off people on ebay on wednesday after buying something on sunday evening asking where the goods are.

alpin
    Free Member

yeah, tis just annoying knowing all you need is X and then you can fit new forks, brakes and bars (hopefully) transforming your bike into a ripping-machine.

maybe i should sit on my hands or go do something more productive than sitting by te window and jumping up to look out each time i hear something ‘van’ like chugging along….

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Just ask politely when its to be posted.
    I sometimes dont have time to post stuff for a few days, but will have a reasonable idea when im going to be able to get it done.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘how long is it reasonable to wait for good off the classifieds?’ is closed to new replies.