• This topic has 48 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • How long is an iPhone warranted for?
  • Drac

I’m sure it was not like the one with a cracked screen.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

I know others who have had a much easier time. Seems entirely dependent on who you see.

In my experience I think it depends partly on who you see but also a lot on how you approach them and how well the phone has been looked after. Go to them with a phone that’s obviously been cared for (ie used with a case and not battered to ****) and I suspect you get batter treatment. I’ve never had any issues with warranty on any of my Apple kit and (like others) they’ve sorted out my hamfistedness as well (rounded off screw in a laptop when doing a DIY hard drive replacement)

newrobdob
    Free Member

In my experience I think it depends partly on who you see but also a lot on how you approach them and how well the phone has been looked after.

THIS!!

My phone always looks nice cos I look after it so even after 2 years it still looks pretty new. Why people don’t spend £15 on a decent case when the phone can be £700+ I don’t know.

I used to work in retail and would have the same approach, if something looks abused then you are more likely to be suspicious about how a fault occurred.

kcal

true, Drac.
    I do imagine said daughter’s phone at least has been well used.

It’s just that the lass at the Apple Store seemed to imply that there was a case for “fit for purpose” and to check out Consumer Rights, and all the rest, – but this should be taken up with retailer, not Apple..

treyster1
    Free Member

Apple offer a two year warranty for the new phone and then a limited warranty of 6 months for any replacement – To stop people abusing the system. This seems to be regardless of who your carrier is as they can trace ownership through your iTunes account.

I’ve had three phones replaced for brand new phones over the last couple of years. Each phone was diagnosed with a manufacturing fault: Pixel display, headphone jack and power management.

Not a great advert for the quality of the hardware but Apple’s service IS second to none. I’ve used the Genius booking system and I’ve also walked my phone into the Apple store and I’ve been bumped up the queue system. I had a flight to catch so they went above and beyond to help me.

On each occasion I was checked into a triage, then 10-15 minutes prepping the phone and paperwork with the Genius staffer and then walked out with the new phone. One takeaway is always backup to iCloud!

jam-bo

From the iP7 the phones are highly water-resistant, although Apple didn’t specify it as such, it was discovered by tech sites.

Errr, As stated on Apple website…

iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus are splash, water and dust resistant, and were tested under controlled laboratory conditions with a rating of IP67 under IEC standard 60529. Splash, water and dust resistance are not permanent conditions and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Do not attempt to charge a wet iPhone; refer to the user guide for cleaning and drying instructions. Liquid damage not covered under warranty.

https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-7/

zilog6128

It’s just that the lass at the Apple Store seemed to imply that there was a case for “fit for purpose” and to check out Consumer Rights, and all the rest, – but this should be taken up with retailer, not Apple..

can’t really argue with that though can you?

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Frankly its one of the main selling points to me for the iPhone, over the last nearly 10 years, whenever I have had a problem with my iPhone, I have made an appointment at an apple shop, walked in chatted nicely to the person I have seen, asked if there is anything that they can do to help, and walked out with a new phone. for free.

Most recently took in my approx 3yr old 6+, and they replaced it hassle free with a brand new one.

Jamie
    Free Member

Most recently took in my approx 3yr old 6+, and they replaced it hassle free with a brand new one.

I am in no way doubting that happened, but I also don’t believe it.

As in I see no reason why you would lie, but I also see no reason Apple would replace a 3 year old phone.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘How long is an iPhone warranted for?’ is closed to new replies.