Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How long does your new bike urge last????
  • scratch
    Free Member

I’ve been umming and arring about a PA in grey (natch),air pikes, 1X9, with possibly an adjustable seatpost, new hope brakes, stronger than usual wheels, just to rag the f*k out of in the evenings and on shorter steeper weekend rides.

Been putting it off for around a year now, somethings got to give soon, maybe if I just built it up brakes first to draw things out a little……

willej

Go on, go on, go on, go on!

AlasdairMc

I’ve been thinking similar, how to get a longer travel hardtail than my current one using the bare minimum of purchased parts.

Then there’s the roadie I’ve been considering for the last few weeks…

swamp_boy

What is it about PAs? I’ve been trying to justify getting one for over a year now. Its really bad at the moment because the existing frame is away getting a disc mount brazed on, so I have a garage full of working bits. What’s more the sun is shining and the bluebells are out. Its so bad I’m about to head off on the road bike.

Would need new forks though………

And then I’d get the old frame back and have to get bits for it……..

Oh sod it where’s the credit card

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

i’ve been toying with the idea of a PA as well! Just to see what an extra 20mm or so on the top tube and a shorter stem would do to he handling over my switchback.

swamp_boy

I guess the appeal of PAs is because Prince Albert was well known for his interest in science and engineering, so they must be well designed. Can’t think what else he was famous for….

forge197
    Free Member

Blimey some restraint here, I don’t think I have ever considered a bike for a more than a few weeks let alone a year!!

Having been out on my PA today just get one, they are fantastic, and if you don’t you could miss out riding it through a great summer.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

My coiler urge lasted a good few years until I really could buy it with no financial problems. I do a lot of umming before buying as several past builds have been less than successful.

swamp_boy

Going off on the road bike was a mistake. Ten miles out the front tyre case parted from the wire bead and started bulging alarmingly and rubbing on the brake. Newish Schwalbe outer too, not impressed.

Swamp girl did suggest a having a reserve mountain bike, think that PA’s getting a bit closer.

scratch
    Free Member

Moving house at the moment so loads being spent on stuff I’d not thought about. Annoyingly I had a good hardtail built up with Pikes about 2years ago, ah well!

The other thing was, when I’ve ever had 2 mountain bikes before, full suss, SS, geared, whatever I always just end up riding one loads more than the other, and fail to justify the spare.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How long does your new bike urge last????’ is closed to new replies.