Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • How long does it take you to get out riding?
  • kudos100
    Free Member

What a ****** stupid question. Worry more about riding, than how long it takes you to get ready ffs.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Aside from Kudos100 being a chicken with a willy, this is a lovely thread…

Faffing is as follows:
    The amount I intend to spend getting stuff together is relative to how much I really, really want to get out the door.

Eg: OMG that video was awesome, I have to ride NOW! Whenever this happens, I get all huffy and fumbly and awful at everything.
    Huffy and fumbly is also every day pre-commute.

See the characters in “SH** Mountain Bikers Say” video struggling with their drivechain for an example of such huffiness.
    AAAARGGH!

scaredypants

select & iron outfit, choose helmet/shades combo, apply extra sticky glue to soles of shoes and sharpen pedal pins, don armour, lube, lube bike

RIDE !

colournoise

About 15 minutes from getting out of bed to leaving the driveway if I’m driving somewhere to ride. Camelbak is always packed. Try to prep bike and get riding gear out the night before so it’s get up, ablutions, make a coffee for flask, chuck bag, helmet, water and snacks in car, drop seats, front wheel out, bike in car, lock garage, drive off.

Riding from door not much less as I’d tend to be less prepared so extra faff time looking for clothes, helmet, etc.

slainte 🙂 rob

garage-dweller

I normally ride after work (weekends are for the family normally) and it takes me about half an hour to pull everything together and into the car before work. Ten minutes when i arrive wherever my normal group is heading out from to build bike and change.

Heading out with toddler on the back takes longer if he’s mucking around or helping.

kudos100
    Free Member

I had a go and behaving like GW (like a ****) didn’t get much out of it. Meh I’ll go back to posting like an adult 😆

sputnik
    Free Member

I can be ready in about 15 mins from deciding I’m going for a ride.
    I have an Aussie buddy who needs a couple of DAYS notice , and I’m not kidding.

GW
    Free Member

always thought you behaved more like an amoeba Kudos, clueless and spineless.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

My last 4 rides have been epic pre-ride-faffs!

Friday – get home, get ready, get out of cycling gear to take a dump, get ready again, realise tyres are flat, find pump, pump tyres, go ride (about an hour for an hours road ride)

Saturday – get ready, get out of door, raining, go back inside, have lunch, fall asleep, wake up, go ride (4 hours faff 1 hours ride).

Sunday – Minimal faffage, 2h30min ride

Monday – 90min between getting up and getting out the door, 30min commute, 15min getting changed at the other end.

I don’t even have to do anythignduring faffing, it’s just 40 trips up and down the stairs as stuff seems to get dispersed evenly through the house.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘How long does it take you to get out riding?’ is closed to new replies.