Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How long does it take to get used to flats again?
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

Just changed back from SPD's. Anyone else done it, and did it take long to get used to it again? Got 5.10's so my feet are not slipping off, just finding I'm thinking too much about my feet now.

grumm
    Free Member

Only thing that took a bit of getting used to for me was jumps/drop offs – the 5.10s helped with that though.

carlphillips
    Free Member

very subjective i'd say

racing_ralph
    Free Member

I had never ridden them until August now i use nothing but flats. V12s are ace with taki soled shoes

benji_allen
    Free Member

To be fair I've not given them much of a chance. Only been out 3 times. These 5.10's are bloody grippy. Wish I'd gone for 5.10 climbing shoes instead of red chillis. My mate's not so pleased about the black marks on his oak floor though.

nedrapier

thought you'd moved into an apartment after a few years living in a detached house and were struggling adjusting to the noise or something…

This is a mountain bike forum though, I guess

You could try finding something else to concentrate on, like trying to get every detail out of the trail in front of you to find the most efficient line. Take your mind off your feet.

juiced
    Free Member

just keep riding them and hopefully you will stop noticing them

benji_allen
    Free Member

Munqe-chick, I need one of those DS brain training things. I answered in that thread 🙄

Too many disco biscuits in my 20's.

montylikesbeer

went out today after having them for a month and just about felt right in them…………………bl&&dy cold though !!!!

TheSlider
    Free Member

When you said 'flats' I thought "good it wasn't just me who had to put 3 patches on tubes today!" AND I wasn't even offroad, just riding across the ice and snow to work.
    But when it comes to flat pedals – that's all I use now (my knees just won't take anything else) so welcome to the 'other' flat club !

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

half an hour?

zangolin
    Free Member

Took me approx 3 hours 5 minutes and 2 seconds.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How long does it take to get used to flats again?’ is closed to new replies.