Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How long can I keep a turkey before cooking it…
  • WaywardRider
    Free Member

Lidl are selling some excellent looking Christman Turkeys as of tmrw. Obviously, it being Lidl, I’ll have to get one tmrw as they’ll sell out real quick. Was wondering if it’ll last till the 25th? I’ll be storing it in a cool cellar. Don’t want to poison the whole family on Christmas day!

bruneep

Is it dead, makes a difference

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

Will it be dead or alive?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I only buy poultry one day in advance of when I plan to cook it, no longer. Freeze it an option?.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ask a relative to freeze it if you haven’t got room
    Or
    Cook it, cut it up into smaller non Turkey size portions and place in freezer and reheat accordingly on the day.

Coyote
    Free Member

Er… check the use by label? It’s the 19th tomorrow, a massive 6 days till cooking. It won’t deteriorate that much in the fridge.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

How can you cook a country ?

trevron73
    Free Member

4 Days max for poultry a massive 15 days for game and beef , pork depends ? if pork is rare breed it will keep 5 or 6 days ?if its a cheap pork 4 days , don’t risk it Freeze it and cook low and slow , or buy fresh on 23rd and eat like a king

ste_t
    Free Member

A cool cellar to store it in? If you survive, at least you can go to the funerals of your entire family who you’ll have killed.

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

They, like all Christmas turkeys will contain a gas flush, they will last. Get in there quick they will go fast.

stevied
    Free Member

How can you cook a country ?

Napalm?

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

how can you cook a country?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How long can I keep a turkey before cooking it…’ is closed to new replies.