Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How long can a bike be left before it's abandoned?
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

There’s a bike opposite my house that’s been chained up to a post for 4 weeks. It’s a busy(ish) road in a Cheshire suburb used by residents mainly, not really the kind of place you would just leave a bike. None of my neighbours I have spoken too have any idea as to who it belongs to and I am eyeing up my parts bin and thinking of what I can do with it… It’s my size too! I suppose the obvious answer is to inform the police etc.

Pook

Take and leave a note. Be prepared to have to rebuild it, return it and pay for the lock though 🙂

shermer75
    Free Member

Lick it then it’s yours. Fact!

jota180
    Free Member

I’ve had my car parked down the road for 3 months now, didn’t realise that someone may consider it abandoned and mentally change it’s ownership rights.

🙂

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I’ve had my car parked down the road for 3 months now, didn’t realise that someone may consider it abandoned and mentally change it’s ownership rights.

Someone’s probably posting a similar OP to mine on a car forum at this moment. I would move your car a few feet to be on the safe side. Or at least be seen licking it 🙂

unovolo
    Free Member

Put a sign on it stating ‘If not removed within 1 week the bike will be removed and become the property of the realm, signed King-ocelot’

hot_fiat

There was an ancient, but quite good, saracen chained up in the Minisitry of Justice (DOCA as it was back then) car park for over two years when I worked there. Eventually asked security if they knew anything about it, they didn’t, but then offered it to me. Next think I know they’re hanging off the end of some bolt croppers liberating it for me. The SPDs are on the Specialized and the maguras are going on the Manomano when it eventually rises from the dead.

natrix
    Free Member

Maybe somebody had an accident and the kind paramedic chained up their bike for them.

Once they’ve finally recovered from their injuries, they’ll come back to find:
    a) their pride and joy safe and sound
    b) that some scrote has robbed them whilst they lay on a hospital bed….

mudshark
    Free Member

If King-ocelot doesn’t take it then maybe some (other) scrote might.

Keep it in a safe place, maybe tell the police?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

After 2 months, anything is worth harvesting. I tend to keep my eye on things and make a mental note if it has just been left out in all weather.

Amazing how quickly they can be stripped by so many different folk.

Better than this:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How long can a bike be left before it's abandoned?’ is closed to new replies.