Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How long before I can get a Cotic Soul Max?
  • TheGhost
    Free Member

So, the Solaris max is available now but how long before I can get a Soul Max? Thats what I really want.

If you haven’t finished the design yet Cotic, this is what I’d like 🙂

Decent tire clearance for up to 2.8s (but I’ll be running 2.5s on 35mm rims)
    A 650mm ETT on the 19 inch large
    65 degree head angle
    130mm head tube on the large
    Boost rear
    Don’t taper the seat and chain stays towards the dropouts keep them fat all the way it looks better.

Finally I’ll have one in Coca Cola red please, and if you could make them available before the summer that would be brilliant.

Cheers

honourablegeorge

Er… what size wheel would that be then?

TheGhost
    Free Member

27.5 Wheels just like the current Soul.

I’d just like to run biggish tires and have a longer toptube.

Solaris Max = Stanton Sherpa next gen
    Soul Max = Stanton Slackline next gen

breadcrumb

Isn’t the Solaris Max B+?

TheGhost
    Free Member

Tires up to 2.8 are only plus in width not diameter and should be matched with a 27.5 frame with a suitable bottom bracket height.

The Solaris Max has a 29er BB height so using it with 2.5-2.8 will make it a bit low. Its intended for 27.5+ 3.0 which are closer in diameter to 29.

TheGhost
    Free Member

I guess the Pace rc127+ is aimed at 2.6 tires and it has a 56mm BB drop which is more than the Solaris Max which is 52mm

My Sonder Transmitter has a BB drop of 42mm which feels quiet low with 2.8s. If I put the same wheels on a solaris max that puts my cranks 10mm lower still

A Slackline next gen is 48mm so thats actually pretty close to the Solaris Max though.

Maybe I wouldn’t notice

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How long before I can get a Cotic Soul Max?’ is closed to new replies.