Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How long before an event/ holiday should I rest?
  • swisstony
    Free Member

Off to France and italy next friday for a weeks riding hol and in prep I’ve been doing some training, nothing crazy just trying to ride everyday plus a bit of running and weights.

What’s the general training rule for resting before I go, don’t want to get there knackered but don’t want to loose any fitness either.

Ta

LoveTubs
    Free Member

If it’s any help to you; google ‘tapering+triathlon’ this should yeild loads of stuff for ya. Gen, folks tend to begin their taper from 2 to 4 weeks out from their main event (but yours is an entire week, so will differ from just single event. + will all depend on what trg you’ve done etc.

I hate you btw…france, italy…mi dispatchi pour vous (sp?)!

FYI I might be cycling…erm, round ladybower next week so there!

Have an awesome time buddy 🙂

legend
    Free Member

Generally I stop around the night before 😉

Seriously though, it’s a ‘holiday’ so I wouldn’t be getting stressed about it. Have some fun riding here if/when the opportunity arises, then have fun riding there – job dun

njee20
    Free Member

Why look at triathlon tapering!?

Don’t do anything crazy in the week before if you want to be rested. Don’t do nothing, just do easy rides. It’s a holiday though, just enjoy it!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If you’ve not been donig anything crazy, and have not been feeling tired the next day at all then just keep on going.

swisstony
    Free Member

Thanks folks, it is a holiday but it’s going to be pretty full on, I think I’ll keep up what I’ve been doing but rest after Wednesday

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How long before an event/ holiday should I rest?’ is closed to new replies.