Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How long are chicken pox contageous for?
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

Little lad has them, he’s bright as a button, no side effects, but we don’t want to take him out and about incase he passes it on to other kiddies.

Doctor said when they start to scab over, but the ones on his back have just sort of dissapeared instead.

any ideas?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

guess I can’t spell contagious either

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Amazed by your doc’s reaction. Usually tell you to get them into other groups of kids so they catch it early.
    Had them at 28 – bloody nightmare, get them over with as a kid much easier.
    Usually past contagion when scabbed over and no new blisters appearing.

porterclough
    Free Member

Yeah I caught it from my lad when he was little – he was fine in a day or two, I was in a bad way for a fortnight or more.

I’m not sure that doctors will advise you to pass on a disease rogerthecat!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I had them when I was 28 too.

They show no signs of scabbing, they’re just slowly fading, mine were the same when I had them.

I’m wondering if they are actually chicken pox after all

FoxyChick
    Free Member

Kids need to get chicken pox…it’s one of those things to get over and done with.
    Much better at 3 or 4 than 23 or 24!
    Just bemused as to why you wasted the doctor’s time in the first place to be honest.

aleigh
    Free Member

someone is contageous until the blisters have scabbed over – i think!

kevonakona
    Free Member

My sister had them when young and now has them again at 35. Under virtual house arrest in spain. Doc not letting her go awandering (she’s a primar school teacher).

bruneep

Its at its most contagious before any sign of the spots appear,The infectious period lasts from about three days before the rash appears until all the blisters have formed scabs, so now the spots are out he is fine. We had chicken pox parties with our two kids invite all the kids in the area to spread the “pox”

Better at a young age than, later in life.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thanks all.

Foxychick, not being sure (and still not being 100% convinced) whether our Ollie had chicken pox, we though it best that he saw his gp, I’ll be sure to pass on your concerns about us wasting his time next time we bother him with our trivial ailments.

Drac

Yeah surprised at the Dr too it’s one condition that nurseries don’t stop kids from attending as it’s encouraged to mix them with other kids. Oh and you didn’t waste the Dr’s time that rash may have been something else, it’s ok if you know what it is but if your not sure then that’s what they’re there for.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh and you didn’t waste the Dr’s time that rash may have been something else, it’s ok if you know what it is but if your not sure then that’s what they’re there for.

My thoughts too. I thought FC was a little harsh…naughty thing!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

He got it from nursary, as other kids have had it, strangely, they don’t allow the kids in, neither do the schools around here. My wife is a primary school teacher, so used to spotting (pun not intended) chicken pox amongst her kids, but again, she wasn’t 100% sure if it was or not.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How long are chicken pox contageous for?’ is closed to new replies.