Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)
  • How intelligent is the average STW poster…
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Lots of folks on here who berate others for their views, belittle others opinions, and claim to know everything about everything.

So are these posters genuine high flyers with a wealth of qualifications and high IQs to back up their comments and views, or are they just full of hot air with to much time on their hands?

Over to you?

jam-bo

Average?

Drac

Why do you have to be intelligent to have an opinion?

Stoner
    Free Member

If I flounce, the average IQ in here drops by 20.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Lots of folks on here who berate others for their views, belittle others opinions

Says the person who can’t stand people because of their political persuasions. Wow.

Cougar

Are you qualified to ask?

weeksy

On what scale are we basing our intelligence ?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

How are you defining or measuring intelligence?

tomhoward

So are these posters genuine high flyers with a wealth of qualifications and high IQs to back up their comments and views, or are they just full of hot air with to much time on their hands?

I’m the former, everyone else is the latter.

Not just here either.

GrahamS

Hmmm… that sounds a lot like you are belittling and berating others…

Rorschach
    Free Member

I don’t understand the question….

portlyone

Vrey

thestabiliser
    Free Member

It this the queue for the toilet?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I certainly try to comment only on stuff I have knowledge/experience of, after seeing so many folk giving guff advice.

I am a total success story though of course, I have 2 degrees and a living wage job at 46 :mrgreen:

Junkyard
    Free Member

We have a bell shaped curve though in some debates we seem to have a bell end shaped curve
    However the greatest philosophers have noted that being intelligent does not make you right. Plenty of bright folk believe in god for example

Why do you have to be intelligent to have an opinion?

STW proves everyday that ignorance is no bar to having an opinion

Cougar

Moreover,

Lots of folks on here who berate others for their views, belittle others opinions, and claim to know everything about everything.

Lots of folks on here with differing views sparking interesting debate, challenging others’ opinions, and actually knowing a good deal about a vast variety of subjects.

Sounds terrible.

bearnecessities

Buttocks.

Pigface
    Free Member

If I flounce, the average IQ in here drops by 20.

If you stay does it drop by 50? 😉

camo16
    Free Member

Oh, I’m massively intelligent 8) Not that it’s done me any good – intelligence just makes me angrier. 🙁

Gary_M
    Free Member

Kryton57

The front page Vote results reveal – not very intelligent at all. 😉

brassneck

IQ = good at puzzles.

I qualified for MENSA membership on some test years back (I suspect everyone does). They wanted a £100 a year – I’m not that daft!

jonba
    Free Member

I believe the real intelligent ones are those who don’t post.

Klunk
    Free Member

thestabiliser
    Free Member

😉 reveals, not nearly as intelligent as you think

kayla1
    Free Member

I’m as thick as mince, me.

hammyuk
    Free Member

I know people with IQ’s the other side of 150 I wouldn’t trust to tie their own shoelaces….
    Others who are under 100 but have more common sense and nouse than most.
    So define “intelligence”

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

jonba – Member
    I believe the real intelligent ones are those who don’t post.

😀

ads678

I know for a fact that everything I know is true, unless someone tells me otherwise…….

DezB
    Free Member

Know you are just said you are

DaRC_L

Errmm define intelligence, education and high flyer please.

Are we talking learning, creative, emotional or reasoning intelligence (for example).
    Then for Education are we covering the social side of education i.e. is someone who had a privileged upbringing with private schools and has more qualifications more intelligent than someone less privileged with fewer qualifications?

Is High Flyer about wealth, like my millionaire mate who has few qualifications?

LoCo
    Free Member

So are these posters genuine high flyers

Nope I’m rubbish at jumps…

mike_p
    Free Member

I qualified for MENSA membership on some test years back (I suspect everyone does). They wanted a £100 a year – I’m not that daft!

Ha, me too… anyone who pays the £100 has failed the test!

4130s0ul
    Free Member

I love lamp

collinstiffee
    Free Member

I think your average STW poster knows about their bike, possibly does a lot of work on their own bike, aren’t dead yet, tend to be a bit irreverent, generally are well meaning but as likely to be a dick about some things as anyone else in the world.
    Generally if I have a bike related problem I can get help.
    If I have a relationship or political issue then I’m probably chancing my arm a bit asking for help / advice.
    Don’t forget to vote for your lizard.

PJM1974
    Free Member

IQ measurements aren’t a reliable indicator of intelligence, last time I took a test, I scored 145 and I’m as thick as a whale omelette.

And no, I wasn’t dumb enough to pay £100 to find out the result.

GrahamS

FWIW, I find this forum to be a pretty decent source of well thought-out and reasoned opinions from a large number of posters.

The fact that those opinions and experiences don’t always align with my own is what makes it interesting.

tpbiker
    Free Member

ooohh…this got just the reaction I was looking for 😉

Matt24k
    Free Member

Opinions are like arse holes…….. Everyone has one but some stink!

yunki
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘How intelligent is the average STW poster…’ is closed to new replies.