Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • What height would an ant have to fall from for it to die due to the impact
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

A trip from 4′ will kill you due to rotation and you landing head first. 12′ and you should land on your feet (but you will break them).

It was a long time ago when I had to sign site pemits so I could be wrong.

I walked off a 8ft split level wall a couple of years ago and landed head first.

The resulting cut to my forehead was apparently unstitchable as I’d ripped all the skin off on either side!

Didn’t die though, does that make me an ant?

organic355
    Free Member

what about if the ant fell on Jupiter, would it kill it then? But jupiter doesnt have a solid surface and is made up of hydrogen and helium so the ant would sink and be crushed.

Anything mouse-sized or smaller will survive a fall from any height.

how come when I wang mice out of the bedroom window (when my cat brings them in) they seem to die on impact from one floor up then?

ononeorange

How does the horse splash?

Do ants always land on their feet or is that cats?

Cougar

An ant picks up speed as she falls through the air.

“she”? Aren’t all ants male apart from the queen?

How does the horse splash?

Quite messily I expect, its insides become its outsides.

Do ants always land on their feet or is that cats?

I don’t think cats land on ants’ feet.

mudshark
    Free Member

You could artificially increase the ant’s speed by moving the ground towards the ant – use something like a cricket bat for that.

yoda
    Free Member

My uncle shoved my ant down the stairs, she’s dead!

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t drop an ant. It’s done nothing to you. There might come a day when it’s dropping you.

Cougar

… if it turns into a gi-ant?

IGMC.

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry, I was misquoting:

antmusic hur hur hur etc

mogrim

“she”? Aren’t all ants male apart from the queen?

No, they’re all female apart from the winged ones that come out at this time of year.

Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

if said ant was on a conveyer belt, would this not squash it?

5lab

pretty sure you can kill a snail by dropping it out a window?

ononeorange

You can kill a snail by dropping it out of a window into a bowl of salt. I don’t know if dropping an ant out of a very high window into a bowl of salt would work, but you’d need a good aim and factor in cross winds and stuff.

Kevevs
    Free Member

if you could fit a small ant into The Large Hadron Collider and fire it around and around Geneva at speeds approaching the speed of light, do you reckon it would die? or would you have to fire another small ant the other way so they collide?

ononeorange

I think you’d need the ant to actually reach the speed of light to sufficiently up the ante.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

……into a bowl of salt would work, but you’d need a good aim and factor in cross winds and stuff.

You also need to factor in whether it’s a Gliding Ant :

(The first one is a control ant btw – it doesn’t glide)
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tcw37Bg7vn8[/video]

Pushing a drugged ant out of a plane which is flying over the sea should do it – Gliding Ant or not Gliding Ant.

Kevevs
    Free Member

do you have to drug it? can’t you put it in the freezer for a bit like they do with flies?

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What height would an ant have to fall from for it to die due to the impact’ is closed to new replies.